Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AA A321neo / 32Q reveal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Laughing at AVOD...It’s 2019 buy an Ipad.
Some of us prefer to not have to hold our device for 5 hour flights, worry about battery life, or where to prop up an iPad during a meal service.

Project Oasis is nothing more than a mirage, but keep on defending it.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes, the Rockwell Collins MiQ seat without foot rest or pegs (and the setback bar and lack of underseat storage, unless anything has changed).
What about seat-width? Domestic F are currently 21" but I read the PE seats on widebodies are 19". Also I can't tell from the photos about the armrest between the seats, I like the wide one with the little drink tray on domestic F routes.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I've never actually used the entertainment streaming service on AA. But if it means I can finish watching my movie/TV show without being interrupted for a 5-minute credit card pitch, that might actually be an upgrade from the seat-back screens.
You're get the same pitch at the beginning. Essentially you will be presented with a series of "commercials" at the beginning just like the AVOD. At least some of the a/c your video will be paused when there is a PA whether to tell you to fasten your seatbelts or that "exciting offer" for a credit card. On whole I'd rather have the AVOD and not have to fish my tablet in and out of a bag, particularly since I like the bulkhead rows.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by VXforever
excuse you?
Originally Posted by Antarius

I guess sarcasm needs to be spelled out.
I can see it would be easy to miss the sarcasm if multi-tasking on your tablet/phone while simultaneously watching IFE on the seat back screen.

Fortunately, AA is working hard to address that risk, but it is something DL (and B6) flyers will have to contend with for the foreseeable future.
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Mar 21, 2019 at 6:58 am
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
I don't think the armrests are skinny enough in Y. Maybe they could reduce them down just a bit more so they just slice your elbows open when you touch them.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Gig103
Some of us prefer to not have to hold our device for 5 hour flights, worry about battery life, or where to prop up an iPad during a meal service.

What about seat-width? Domestic F are currently 21" but I read the PE seats on widebodies are 19". Also I can't tell from the photos about the armrest between the seats, I like the wide one with the little drink tray on domestic F routes.
The seats in PE that I've taken feel the same as the ones on domestic F. I can only hope that the new A321 VIP Room.... err... champagne room .... errr ... first class seats resolve the issue of the bar and the minimal under seat storage. That is a major buzz kill.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
You're get the same pitch at the beginning. Essentially you will be presented with a series of "commercials" at the beginning just like the AVOD. At least some of the a/c your video will be paused when there is a PA whether to tell you to fasten your seatbelts or that "exciting offer" for a credit card. On whole I'd rather have the AVOD and not have to fish my tablet in and out of a bag, particularly since I like the bulkhead rows.
I don't think I've ever gotten interrupted by a PA when streaming from my own devices. Commercials at the beginning I don't mind, I just unplug my headset or turn the volume down.
flyingeph12 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bscooter26
I don't think I've ever gotten interrupted by a PA when streaming from my own devices. Commercials at the beginning I don't mind, I just unplug my headset or turn the volume down.
Agreed. I don’t mind commercials at the beginning (heck, CX has like 7 minutes of commercials before every movie and show). But it is annoying to be interrupted as you’re trying to finish a film or show just so the FA’s can give a 5-minute spiel about an “exclusive [credit card] offer.”
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Apparently that pause feature is coming to streaming. Get excited!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:43 am
Suspended

few more pics:
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Depending on the wifi system in place, some will pause streaming IFE for a cabin announcement
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103

For what it's worth, on the Oasis'd (etc.) planes, you won't have to worry about holding the device (or where to prop during meal service) thanks to the new holders. Also, no need to worry about battery life thanks to the in seat power.

Last edited by AAway; Mar 21, 2019 at 12:39 pm Reason: typo :-|
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by AAway
For what it's worth, on the Oasis'd (etc.) planes, you won't have to worry out holding the device (or where to prop during meal service) thanks to the new holders. Also, no need to worry about battery life thanks to the in seat power.
That is helpful knowledge, good to add
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
pair of seats by exit row does not look like it had much legroom or maybe it’s just a picture.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
What's row 17 like compared to left side 10 (LUS)/11 (LAA)? Is there massive amounts of legroom?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
What's row 17 like compared to left side 10 (LUS)/11 (LAA)? Is there massive amounts of legroom?
since it’s overwing exit, I’d say it’s similar legroom to a320 exit so not massive but probably more than regular MCE

Last edited by gateH15; Mar 21, 2019 at 3:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.