Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage MileSAAver: Through Award Fare Restriction Dec 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage MileSAAver: Through Award Fare Restriction Dec 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 6:58 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
My naive question, does Delta do things like this. I am sure if Kirby has his way UA will.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by abk
My naive question, does Delta do things like this. I am sure if Kirby has his way UA will.
My experience with Delta is that they are a little better but then again you pay for the “flexibility” in the hundreds of thousands of miles.

As for this AA nonsense I have to say I have been pretty lucky burning my last miles. Lucky insofar as getting cooperative agents to add/remove segments and change classes. But that has exclusively been 9-5 CT Monday-Friday. and that was 6 weeks ago.

Is this his more recent than that?
Old May 15, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by abk
... I am sure if Kirby has his way UA will.
UA has been doing the same married segment crap for at least a couple of years. At least they still permit upgrades on individual legs without the married segment requirement... for the moment.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by abk
Well, Delta doesn’t allow non-elites (or Silvers or Golds) to change date/time on an award ticket without a fee, so it’s for the most part a moot point.

This insane change essentially eliminates what was one of the strengths of AAdvantage: you could slowly build an itinerary segment by segment, improving it as availability opens on each segment you desired. If all segments have to be available each time you tweak the itinerary, that’s gone.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ashill

Well, Delta doesn’t allow non-elites (or Silvers or Golds) to change date/time on an award ticket without a fee, so it’s for the most part a moot point.

This insane change essentially eliminates what was one of the strengths of AAdvantage: you could slowly build an itinerary segment by segment, improving it as availability opens on each segment you desired. If all segments have to be available each time you tweak the itinerary, that’s gone.
I don't think that they do ALL have to be available - just that the sector wanting to be changed has availability taking into account married segment availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.