Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates (master thd)

Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / the AA gates
Q: I left an item on my flight or at the airport. How do I contact Lost and Found?

Immediate gate area, on arriving aircraft or Admirals Club

AA Lost and Found is usually the place to contact. Unfortunately, AA Lost and Found are dysfunctional and don't answer their phones published to the public because "there are too many calls". Not at all what AA says, but here's the process:

If it's AA, "File a lost and found report if you lost an item on the plane, at a gate or in the Admirals Club. Once you file a report, you’ll get email or text updates on the status of your item. Lost items are kept for 30 days."

"File a lost and found report" (link)

If you fill out the form and hear nothing, try contacting AA for the desired airport. DFW: [email protected]; substitute the airport code for your airport. If you receive no response within three working days, your status or non-status service line, or try using the Twitter team @AmericanAir. See more here.

Public areas of the terminal: Contact the airport lost and found.

Each airport has its own method for processing lost and found requests. If you left an item at the airport please contact the Lost and Found office of the airport from or to which you were traveling. For your convenience, airport hours of operation are accessible from our Airport Information and Ticket Counter Hours page.

DFW Lost and Found for American Airlines: [email protected]American Airlines & American Eagle: +1.972.425.2465
Terminal D, Non-American Flights: +1.972.973.5050

Older archived thread can be found here: [ARCHIVED] Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates... what now?

Updated Feb 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Welcome to the American AAdvantage Forum "LOST / FOUND consolidated thread.

This is where to post about the item(s) left / lost on an American Airlines flight or facility (Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, etc.)

Please see the wikipost above for current information on AA Lost and Found policy and contact information.

AAmerican fAAnAAtic offers:

Had a similar problem recently when daughter left a package in the overhead connecting through DFW. We got very good service from Lost & Found, so suggest you keeep trying. See if Plat Desk or AAdvantage CS can look up the ONWARD DESTINATION(S) of the aircraft you were on and try L&F at that airport.

Originally Posted by Lookin4Points
Here is an extremely similar story that happened with $400 reading glasses. AA ended up paying for them. I read this the other day in USA Today.
for a post that contains information from a USA Today about the airline's position (it's not their responsibility) and a customer who was compensated.

Espen36 offers, about cellular telephones, "Be sure to call your provider ASAP to have the carrier deactivate the SIM card before somebody charges thousands to your account."

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure - labelling or having a photo / opening screen with your contact information and perhaps offering a reward to the finder may be the best thing to not leaving things behind / losing them. JDiver discusses the www.stuffbak.com label here.

If you FIND an item, it's probably best to turn it in to the Purser, or at the Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club, airline ticket counter, and take down the details - item(s), person's name, date, time, etc. And some FTers warn of plugging in found thumb drives to your computer to determine anything, as it may be infected.

If you know of information updates, etc. to add to the wikipost, please do so. If there is information to add here, please "AMP" the moderators.

Left a coat in overhead in MIA. Impossible to get thru to voice mailbox for AA MIA lost & found. Anyone know where I can go in person to fill out the claim request in person in concourse D? Am flying next day and figure this may be easier than the phone system.

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 8, 2015 at 5:09 pm Reason: Updating thread
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:31 pm

AA/MIA Lost & Found

Left a coat in overhead in MIA. Impossible to get thru to voice mailbox for AA MIA lost & found. Anyone know where I can go in person to fill out the claim request in person in concourse D? Am flying next day and figure this may be easier than the phone system.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:03 pm

They are useless! I have lost stuff and they never got back to me. Good luck though.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I *believe* the MIA lost and found is on a third level (with ticketing being one), down toward the far end (far meaning closest to the business/first class check-in. You can take the elevator to two and then go up some stairs or an escalator -- this is all off foggy memory from a few weeks ago when walking back from the rental car place.

I also found this as the first result when searching "miami lost and found" on Google:
http://www.miami-airport.com/lost_and_found.asp
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:53 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
I *believe* the MIA lost and found is on a third level (with ticketing being one), down toward the far end (far meaning closest to the business/first class check-in. You can take the elevator to two and then go up some stairs or an escalator -- this is all off foggy memory from a few weeks ago when walking back from the rental car place.

I also found this as the first result when searching "miami lost and found" on Google:
http://www.miami-airport.com/lost_and_found.asp
That link is for Miami-Dade lost and found. Not AA.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:57 pm

I was told by the EXP desk it is in concourse D. But the agent do not know where in concourse D. I guess I just stop by the AC and see if they know. Thanks all.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by HNL
That link is for Miami-Dade lost and found. Not AA.
And AA.com states, "If you left an item at the airport or on your flight, please contact the Lost and Found office of the airport from or to which you were traveling."

https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewCon...Lost+And+Found
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:45 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
And AA.com states, "If you left an item at the airport or on your flight, please contact the Lost and Found office of the airport from or to which you were traveling."

https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewCon...Lost+And+Found
They are referring to the AA Lost and Found.

I've left an item at security in MIA before and it wen to the Miami-Dade Lost and Found Office.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Lost ipad @ lga found in canada. Best way to get back?

Hi was really bummed when ipad was missing after our flight. After calling American they told us plane was still at lga in am so we headed to airport. After getting there found out our plane was in Canada and on way back.Ipad was not on plane got email in afternoon from Canada that lost and found has it. I don't ship international and they sent me forms for customs and duty fees. They asked for credit card for fedex fees. She really didn't know what it would cost. I tired FedEx website but will call them in am.
American CSR was amazing

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: None
I don't know about across borders, but the easiest way would be to have it packaged C/O AA Personnel for return to LGA followed by your names.

I can guarantee that FedEx, UPS, will charge whatever taxes/fees apply plus the rate to get it to you in the NYC area.

Jim
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by shaker58
Hi was really bummed when ipad was missing after our flight. After calling American they told us plane was still at lga in am so we headed to airport. After getting there found out our plane was in Canada and on way back.Ipad was not on plane got email in afternoon from Canada that lost and found has it. I don't ship international and they sent me forms for customs and duty fees. They asked for credit card for fedex fees. She really didn't know what it would cost. I tired FedEx website but will call them in am.
American CSR was amazing

Thanks
FedEx is notoriously slow trans-border. Where in Canada is it? I am flying out from YVR on Wed. to SEA. Google tells me there is a FexEx near my arrival gate at SEA. Not sure of their business hours but if it could work out, I may be able to help. If it is in another part of Canada, then best of luck.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Finkface
FedEx is notoriously slow trans-border. Where in Canada is it? I am flying out from YVR on Wed. to SEA. Google tells me there is a FexEx near my arrival gate at SEA. Not sure of their business hours but if it could work out, I may be able to help. If it is in another part of Canada, then best of luck.
Hi finkface, Not at YVR but thanks for offer.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Why don't you have the AA rep ask that the iPad be brought back to LGA on the plane? Sounds like a no-brainer, and would save you money, while not being a hassle for AA, methinks.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Why don't you have the AA rep ask that the iPad be brought back to LGA on the plane? Sounds like a no-brainer, and would save you money, while not being a hassle for AA, methinks.

I believe since it's not a checked baggage lost item they
don't want to be responsible to return it to Lga. Will call fedex today and setup pickup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.