Search

Jfk-mia j0 y0

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Jfk-mia j0 y0

On 3/16, noticed ALL JFK-MIA flights are J0 Y0. Any idea whats going on? The flight was J7 Y7 with a seatmap WIDE open (am on the 772 and 24 open J seats and 100 open Y ones). I booked SFO-JFK-MIA and cleared the SFO-JFK on booking (despite being F4 J3 when I booked it) but am still in Y on the JFK-MIA flight, which seemed odd so I looked back at EF.

Does this happen to be related to the MAX issues? Since several are MIA based?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, likely the result of the MAX grounding. I'd say a majority of LGA-MIA flights are operated by the MAX these days, so they could be moving affected pax on those flights to the JFK-MIA flights.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Yes, added widebody capacity to cover gap in lift from LGA to MIA which was probably 70% MAX aircraft.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Thanks. Makes sense.

1. Glad I booked it before it got zeroed out
2. Looks like a decent chance I'll clear at the airport. Otherwise, I have a PE window seat, so ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.