Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No Seat Available to Select in J - should I worry?

No Seat Available to Select in J - should I worry?

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP originally said the flight was in “full fare J” so the schedule change is irrelevant.
Of course there are some checks to ensure a ticket is eligible for a refund.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
OP originally said the flight was in “full fare J” so the schedule change is irrelevant.
Of course there are some checks to ensure a ticket is eligible for a refund.
I did get a refund and I also got maybe the most idiotic response I've ever received from a corporate entity. When I complained about not being informed about the new itinerary, they first apologized for the cancellation. When I pushed back that the cancellation was not my primary issue, they said "While you have made it clear that you were not informed your flight was canceled, I appreciate you giving the opportunity to explain that your flight was not canceled but rather delayed and extended into the next following day. " Huh, a daily flight "extended" into the next following day was not a cancellation? Especially when my itinerary was changed 5 days before the flight?

In any event, AA showed its current colors and I loved Mint service, so I learned a lot from this silly experience. Thanks to all for the advice as this went along.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Mickidon
I did get a refund and I also got maybe the most idiotic response I've ever received from a corporate entity. When I complained about not being informed about the new itinerary, they first apologized for the cancellation. When I pushed back that the cancellation was not my primary issue, they said "While you have made it clear that you were not informed your flight was canceled, I appreciate you giving the opportunity to explain that your flight was not canceled but rather delayed and extended into the next following day. " Huh, a daily flight "extended" into the next following day was not a cancellation? Especially when my itinerary was changed 5 days before the flight?

In any event, AA showed its current colors and I loved Mint service, so I learned a lot from this silly experience. Thanks to all for the advice as this went along.
Yes. AA’s canned responses are truly tragic.

At any rate, glad Mint worked out for you. No doubt a better way to get to LAS than AA F.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your flight has not been canceled! As a one-time courtesy, we extended your flight until tomorrow at no additional charge.
ijgordon and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I see the J seat map is full from Edi-Phl on Aug 13, we are ticketed with Saver miles - should I worry?
I did look at the purchase option just to check it out and only seats in the back were available; for a measly $8500 they have a one way through LHR available.
I think I would take $17,000 for our 2 seats if offered.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I see the J seat map is full from Edi-Phl on Aug 13, we are ticketed with Saver miles - should I worry?
I did look at the purchase option just to check it out and only seats in the back were available; for a measly $8500 they have a one way through LHR available.
I think I would take $17,000 for our 2 seats if offered.
Have you not selected seats?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.