That’s pretty detailed, no?
And, no, that’s all I can say for now.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by fotographer

it was Ord to Del
Aa were never flying to BOM
Right! Only ORD-DEL, not BOM. They have not been in BOM yet. They never had.

Originally Posted by bchandler02
It was DEL.
Right! They has flies ORD-DEL before.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I wouldn't agree there, they're talking about AA-operated to Morocco.

And, I do expect PHL-TLV to come back at this point, sometime next year.
I’m not sanguine there’s sufficient traffic between the US and Morocco to have two oneworld airlines flying those, even with 788s. And AA has had AA-marketed US-Africa flights before - AA sold seats on SA JFK-JNB at one time.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm not sure that AA would go to Kenya or Morocco. I'd assume they'd do something like MIA-JNB.
I've seen this route speculated before, and wanted to note for the record that MIA is not the AA gateway closest to JNB -- it's JFK, followed by PHL and then MIA.
JDiver and ashill like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
I've seen this route speculated before, and wanted to note for the record that MIA is not the AA gateway closest to JNB -- it's JFK, followed by PHL and then MIA.
Given how AA's been treating JFK lately, I'd be surprised if they would run JFK-JNB. Any of PHL, CLT, or MIA would be my bet.
JDiver and GunsOfNavarone like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead

Though all three within 100 miles of each other (7969-8061 miles), with CLT 8267. All are considerably shorter than ATL, 8439. So (obviously if JNB is being considered seriously) assuming this is going for the general US-South Africa traffic more than local traffic for any one city pair, I’d think PHL would be the natural choice amongst the three closest cities for the same feed reasons as European markets in general. I know nothing about the South Africa market, though; if it’s especially (ie more than most markets) dominated by one US city that’s an AA gateway (MIA? NYC?), that could change things.
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
Though all three within 100 miles of each other (7969-8061 miles), with CLT 8267. All are considerably shorter than ATL, 8439. So (obviously if JNB is being considered seriously) assuming this is going for the general US-South Africa traffic more than local traffic for any one city pair, I’d think PHL would be the natural choice amongst the three closest cities for the same feed reasons as European markets in general. I know nothing about the South Africa market, though; if it’s especially (ie more than most markets) dominated by one US city that’s an AA gateway (MIA? NYC?), that could change things.
CLT ??
South African Expat Estimates: NYC,DC (about the same #), LA (About Half of NYC,DC), ATL, MSP (Believe it or not), BOS, IAH, ORD, DFW, PHL, EWR, SEA... The difference between IAH and SEA is less than about 10K. SO, from a VFR perspective, the 2- 2 ton gorillas (NYC-DC) appear to be the most favorable to capture O&D. JNB is currently served from JFK (SA) and ATL (Guess Who?). Personally, I don't think AA would take the risk, due to the range and ? ROI with the required aircraft - let BA handle it via LHR. As someone stated earlier, DL/ATL has been flown for ages, as has JFK/SA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.