Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Companion Traveler Elite Benefits Policy, Conditions, Requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Traveler Elite Benefits Policy, Conditions, Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Yes, my research did include that thread. I am asking a different question. I am wondering if the same rules apply if I am on a FIRST CLASS ticket and my traveling companion is on a COACH ticket...."If I am a Platinum traveling on a first class ticket, will my traveling companion in coach on a different record locator." Thanks in advance! :-)
Answer is NO, benefits only apply to passengers on same PNR, if you're in different classes, it's impossible to be on same PNR, so benefits don't apply to companion.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You can still get them on the upgrade list. You just have to call in to do it.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
You can still get them on the upgrade list. You just have to call in to do it.
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Answer is NO, benefits only apply to passengers on same PNR, if you're in different classes, it's impossible to be on same PNR, so benefits don't apply to companion.
Originally Posted by MikeShores
The short answer is no. That said, if you have lounge access, an agent may make an exception for an MCE seat assignment (assuming traveling companion is not basic economy).
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If it's a different PNR than no. Typically GAs may allow your companion to board with you but since the companion is not actually seated next to you in F the GA may not.
Thanks all for your input. The FA moved traveling companion from Econ to MCE, even though I was in first class on a different PNR.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:45 pm

You lucked out. Benefits often are not shared on separate PNRS
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Thanks all for your input. The FA moved traveling companion from Econ to MCE, even though I was in first class on a different PNR.
Did you mean the Gate Agent as opposed to the Flight Attendant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.