Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Larissa’s cost like $6-$7 per pack in NYC......I was shocked it was that high so no wonder AA got rid of it. Major bummer.
I'm sure it's nowhere near $6-7 for the 1oz bags that AA is buying in bulk, but I'm sure it is still a decent multiple of what a bag of potato chips costs. Completely incongruent wtih Discount Dougie's style.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DrunkenDuck
I’m on a flight right now. I’ll confirn Jerky sighting.
Better let Frank Rizzo know.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
I have been on 4 Eagle flights this week in/out of DFW and all those flights had the jerky.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Gone it is from the basket.
LOL your DM above the Jerky question: I'm in the as$ of the plane haha. Not LOL or happy about the cheapness of removing the jerky from the basket as that was one of my favorite items. I just don't understand these cuts upfront right now, I've twice in the past month had situations where I was unable to BUY a FC ticket and had to book other airlines because the cabin was full, the economy is (for now) doing quite well so its not like they are saving money and justifying it because most of the people in F are upgrades.
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Better let Frank Rizzo know.
Well played.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
DTW-ORD : no jerky.

I specifically looked because of this thread. I'm a vegetarian, so never paid attention. I much prefer the popcorn.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:23 pm

FAs are not stealing that nasty jerkey!
Uzzar likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
After reading this thread, just got myself some tasty Lorissa’s Kitchen Korean BBQ jerky. Would’ve tried them on my last flight but some jerk in 1A grabbed all three bags in one quick swipe of his two greedy fingers, leaving none for the other eight seats in first class.

Luckily this flight everyone seemed to be passing on the snacks so all the selections were available for me in the last row. It is a rather tasty jerky. Might have to pick some up at the store. Would definitely not skip dinner or adequate refreshments on land in the jerky gamble though.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bryanb
After reading this thread, just got myself some tasty Lorissa’s Kitchen Korean BBQ jerky. Would’ve tried them on my last flight but some jerk in 1A grabbed all three bags in one quick swipe of his two greedy fingers, leaving none for the other eight seats in first class.

Luckily this flight everyone seemed to be passing on the snacks so all the selections were available for me in the last row. It is a rather tasty jerky. Might have to pick some up at the store. Would definitely not skip dinner or adequate refreshments on land in the jerky gamble though.
All 3 bags?! That’s aggressive
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Maybe I just got a bad batch, and it’s hard to attribute what food item specifically contributes to food poisoning, but I’m fairly certain that a bag of Larissa‘s jerky made me very ill on a flight last month.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM Hilton Diamond Bon Voy Lifetime Platinum Elite
On my flight last week from DFW to STL not only was there no jerky, but all the bags of white cheddar popcorn gone ( I was in 6A). Low and behold
when the captain announced "please prepare for landing" I watched a lady in 1E proceed to put not 1 but 4 bags of it in her carry on in the overhead bin.
That is just wrong ........
apeortdz likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by gboots
On my flight last week from DFW to STL not only was there no jerky, but all the bags of white cheddar popcorn gone ( I was in 6A). Low and behold
when the captain announced "please prepare for landing" I watched a lady in 1E proceed to put not 1 but 4 bags of it in her carry on in the overhead bin.
That is just wrong ........
Usually the flight attendant will re-stock the basket after the 2nd first class row. That popcorn is very tasty as is the now gone jerky.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I flew LGA-DCA / DCA-LGA several times last year and never seen jerky offered, only chips & popcorn.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Usually the flight attendant will re-stock the basket after the 2nd first class row. That popcorn is very tasty as is the now gone jerky.
what happens to the leftover snacks in the basket? are they served on the next flight? Scrapped? Sent back to catering?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
what happens to the leftover snacks in the basket? are they served on the next flight? Scrapped? Sent back to catering?
Maybe the crew takes them home?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.