Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum Select and Barclay's Aviator credit cards nuke 10% miles rebate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum Select and Barclay's Aviator credit cards nuke 10% miles rebate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
For Aviator Silver card holders, the $25/day in BOB is a nice offset to the loss of 10K miles. Plus we get $50/year in wifi credits as opposed to $25/year for the Red card.
that’s a lot of sandwiches, salty snacks, and cheese trays.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You have to give AA credit though, they are beginning to find REALLY creative ways of devaluing their program even further. I mean, who knew things could get even worse?!
Spiff and IAHtraveler like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by denCSA
I mean, who knew things could get even worse?!
Just ask US and HP pax who had Parker long before this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
It’s funny because credit cards are how AA makes money. They aren’t making a profit flying passengers with their Ryanair quality product. So now time to drive away credit card customers too? Guess so.
Spiff likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Well, I feel so good that I never signed up for either cards.. one thing less to be disappointed about... whats next AA...?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by fotographer
Well, I feel so good that I never signed up for either cards.. one thing less to be disappointed about... whats next AA...?
The cards are worthwhile as long as you treat them the same way AA treats its pax: as marks to be grifted. Sign up, milk the bonus, cancel, repeat.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: American, United
Does the card get you increased award availability? I can't see that it does but before I product change to MilesUp I figured I would ask.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by srallen
Does the card get you increased award availability? I can't see that it does but before I product change to MilesUp I figured I would ask.
Of course not.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Of course not.
Why the "of course"? The United Explorer cards from Chase do get people extra award availability at United.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Out of curiousity, does Barclays still do the downgrade to Blue from Red? my next annual fee is in July, but if that's going to go away...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:21 pm

Today i had to book awards, ticketed but had to cancel an hour later. I booked a 2nd award. Will I still get the 10% miles back?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Jut remember, today is the deadline to book tickets and get the 10% rebate. I've got one more to book and then I'll be maxed for the year.

Be sure to book at least a couple of hours prior to midnight as it often takes a little while for an award ticket to go from "pending" to "ticketed".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.