Old May 13, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rasheed
Print Wikipost

AA & Hyatt announce partnership 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
As an AA Gold? I would say pretty low except for some weekend / red-eye possibilities. I would say that is the equivalent of getting upgraded to a suite as a Discoverist ... not likely, but possible!
It would be Plat during the promo; but, even a few years ago before Plat Pro, the odds were dismal as a Plat; can only imagine it's only gotten worse.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
Just had my first Hyatt points post for an AA flight (quite quick!)
  • Flight was on 5/13
  • Both AA and Hyatt flight credit posted on 5/15
  • Received one Hyatt point per EQD
  • Within the Hyatt activity tab, it shows flight number, orig/dest, and qualifying spend $, so pretty clear where the points are coming from
Was your flight purchased prior to linking your accounts?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by theshaun
Was your flight purchased prior to linking your accounts?
It was - yes.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's not immensely useful to me
Thanks. In the end I got the same offer and it's actually useful for me as I had some flights to Scandinavia that I could book on either SAS or Finnair. Booking with AY I should be able to complete the challenge. Although I would have earned Gold by year end anyway.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'm LT Plat and got my accounts linked. But Hyatt still shows me as an ordinary member.

Update : So after linking the accounts, I find that I must go to my WoH account to Register for this promo! All good now!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; May 24, 2019 at 6:26 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 8:37 am

I got an offer of AA gold based on my hyatt status of explorist. My hyatt status will revert to discoverist after May 31 2019.

Does anyone know if my AA gold offer will be removed after my hyatt status changes? Do I need to accept the AA offer by May 31 or could I wait?

I have AA flights scheduled for end of July and September so I prefer to wait until July to start the 90 day period, but don't want to risk that the offer will disappear before I register.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:23 pm

How long before receive AA fast track offer?

I'm a Hyatt Explorist (and an AA nothing) and linked my accounts about 5 days ago and haven't seen any fast track status email come in from AA. How long has it taken others to receive an offer from AA for fast track status to Gold? I assume I should be on the lookout in my email inbox. Is there any other way to receive the AA offer? (I also haven't received any emails from either Hyatt or AA after linking my accounts--is that normal?)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Looking forward to flying Delta and getting my hotel nights credited to AA haha.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by redtop
I'm a Hyatt Explorist (and an AA nothing) and linked my accounts about 5 days ago and haven't seen any fast track status email come in from AA. How long has it taken others to receive an offer from AA for fast track status to Gold? I assume I should be on the lookout in my email inbox. Is there any other way to receive the AA offer? (I also haven't received any emails from either Hyatt or AA after linking my accounts--is that normal?)
Have you checked your current promotions on your account? It may already be there.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:30 am

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. It was already listed under the promotions available when I signed into my AA account.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Who should I call when my AA flights do not post on Hyatt?

I signed up for this program in May, and had a flight one week after. This flight posted without any problems. However, all my flights since then have not been posting. Wondering if this I should be calling AA or Hyatt about this...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm a current Hyatt Explorist / American nothing looking to get a Hyatt Globalist challenge -- I have a AA Gold challenge through Hyatt and a AA Platinum challenge through Founderscard.

* Which level of AA status do I need to get a Globalist challenge?
* Does temporary status allow me access to the challenge? Or do I need 'full' status after meeting the requirements?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I doubt any form of temporary AA status will trigger a Hyatt Globalist challenge, but the AA Gold that was triggered by your current Hyatt status is particularly unlikely to work.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by morphogencc
* Which level of AA status do I need to get a Globalist challenge?
Per the AA/Hyatt partnership T&Cs:
Additionally, after linking their AAdvantage® and World of Hyatt accounts, certain AAdvantage® members with AAdvantage® Platinum elite status or higher may, from time to time, be selected for the opportunity to participate in offers to earn World of Hyatt elite status by completing qualifying nights at Hyatt properties during the designated offer period.

World of Hyatt or American Airlines will inform you in the event you are selected for the opportunity to participate in a World of Hyatt elite status offer.

So, the answer is Platinum or higher, but it is not guaranteed. FWIW, I am Plat and have not been targeted for this opportunity.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Does the AA/Hyatt challenge for ExPlat include the four SWUs? I didn’t see any exclusions in the terms, but wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.