Print Wikipost

AA & Hyatt announce partnership 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 4:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just keep getting an error.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Looks like the initial reporting and speculation about this was way off. Unless I missed it, there are no benefits here except some extra AA miles or Hyatt points. Only AA elites get a Hyatt challenge opportunity, not Hyatt for AA.
That is still on the table, but no details yet.

After linking their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® accounts, certain World of Hyatt members with World of Hyatt Explorist elite status or higher may, from time to time, be selected for the opportunity to participate in offers to earn AAdvantage® elite status by traveling on eligible American Airlines flights during the designated offer period.

Check your AAdvantage® account page to see if you have been selected for the opportunity to participate in an AAdvantage® elite status offer, and, if so, for further details on AAdvantage® elite status offer opportunities. Additionally, American Airlines or World of Hyatt will inform you in the event you are selected for the opportunity to participate in an AAdvantage® elite status offer.
(emphasis mine)
Old May 13, 2019, 4:30 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by solewalker
Maybe back up now? Link and linking process just worked for me. https://www.aa.com/aadvantage-progra.../partner/hyatt
Old May 13, 2019, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
That is still on the table, but no details yet.

(emphasis mine)
Given that AA gives status away like candy on Halloween, and that a paid challenge is currently available to anyone, this doesn't seem very exciting.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP

I did too, twice, until I changed to capital letters.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I am not seeing anywhere it states that you earn hyatt points for flying AA, only the other way around, am I missing something?
Old May 13, 2019, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ellinj
I am not seeing anywhere it states that you earn hyatt points for flying AA, only the other way around, am I missing something?
Yes. It works in both directions, assuming one has the requisite status(es).
Old May 13, 2019, 5:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JY1024
Maybe back up now? Link and linking process just worked for me. https://www.aa.com/aadvantage-progra.../partner/hyatt
Thanks for the help! It was erroring out on the Hyatt end, but worked like a charm on AA's site (whowouldathunk!)
Old May 13, 2019, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Comp Gold Status....they can’t even tell I’m higher than Gold.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
When you linked, it yielded comped AA Gold, even though you're already Plat or higher? The site says such offers won't be visible for a day or two after linking accounts.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Yes. It works in both directions, assuming one has the requisite status(es).

What status is required to make it work in both directions?
Old May 13, 2019, 6:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Well, I got an invite to register for a fast track to Hyatt Explorist when I'm already Glob.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
What status is required to make it work in both directions?
Never mind, looks like I got the answer. seems like as long as you are a hyatt elite of any level you will earn points on your AA spend.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
Any additional info on Hyatt Elites getting fast-track challenges for elevated AA status.
Here's what my email offered:
Because you are an Explorist member, you now have the opportunity to enjoy AAdvantage® Gold status while working to maintain Gold status through January 31, 2021.

Once you've linked your accounts, please allow 1-2 days to view this offer in your AAdvantage® account. Be sure to register by September 30, 2019.
Has anyone received the actual AA promotion yet? If so please post the terms & conditions. They don't say how long the promotional status is valid for. On the blogs, people are speculating 90 days like a normal AA challenge which would make sense.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:32 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Thanks for the help! It was erroring out on the Hyatt end, but worked like a charm on AA's site (whowouldathunk!)
Thanks for info....Same for me, errors trying to link from Hyatt site but linking from American Site worked right away!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.