Old May 13, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rasheed
Print Wikipost

AA & Hyatt announce partnership 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Count one CK that will not be moving my business to Hyatt because of this...
BlatheringPenguin and GTITAN like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
[LEFT]Aa and Hyatt have partnered for reciprocal earning

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...rican-Airlines
Anyone else get "Website blocked due to Trojan" clicking on this link?

So top level AA gets top level Hyatt, and next level down AA gets....nothing? Oh, the chance to do a challenge - doesn't everyone have this option already? This won't do much for me.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Small error on my part, ok, 12,000 (or 120,000). Many are already Diamonds, many won't ever stay at a Hyatt (other loyalties), many travel so much they won't vacation, many decide by convenience/cost and could care less about incentives. Put me in the camp that says us Diamonds won't see much difference on this.
CK Bonvoys are ripe for the poaching. I am a Bonvoy Lfetime Titanium (makes Globalist moniker easier to swallow), and left for the greener pastures of Hyatt a couple years ago, super happy. Until now, as CK will be real additional competition, and as a low EQM ExPlat, already eat the CK's dust on many an upgrade list. The latter I deserve, but the former?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I loved the comment in the article about how AA and Hyatt did research and determined that consumers prefer to earn elite status rather than being granted it. Yes, I sure would rather have encounters without status prior to earning it.

I think AA made a poor decision going with Hyatt. yes, they do have nice properties, but very few relative to Hilton and Marriott. for folks who do business in second or third tier cities finding a Hyatt can be a challenge. That limits the value of the partnership for a lot of travelers.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I loved the comment in the article about how AA and Hyatt did research and determined that consumers prefer to earn elite status rather than being granted it. Yes, I sure would rather have encounters without status prior to earning it.

I think AA made a poor decision going with Hyatt. yes, they do have nice properties, but very few relative to Hilton and Marriott. for folks who do business in second or third tier cities finding a Hyatt can be a challenge. That limits the value of the partnership for a lot of travelers.
There aren't many options. United and Marriott are already partnered up. There is Hilton; but perhaps Hilton and Delta are in similar negotiations. Remember that DL's partnership with Starwood recently ended; so perhaps they have been working to fill that void. That leaves Hyatt. Unless you would want AA to partner with IHG, Radisson Rewards, or Le Club Accor. Three programs which give horrible on-property benefits to their elites; unlike Hyatt.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fanjet
There aren't many options. United and Marriott are already partnered up. There is Hilton; but perhaps Hilton and Delta are in similar negotiations. Remember that DL's partnership with Starwood recently ended; so perhaps they have been working to fill that void. That leaves Hyatt. Unless you would want AA to partner with IHG, Radisson Rewards, or Le Club Accor. Three programs which give horrible on-property benefits to their elites; unlike Hyatt.
Le Club Accor as such is going away too. Accor is replacing that with a new program called ALL = Accor Live Limitless.

And of those three you mentioned, the latter two I'm not sure if they even have as many properties as Hyatt, especially in the USA (where American Airlines is based). Only IHG has way more properties than Hyatt, but IHG has essentially zero elite benefits at any earnable elite level.(no official breakfast benefit at any level, no official lounge benefit at any level).
Old May 6, 2019, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Anyone heard anything more about this? It's already been two months since the announcement.
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Link site: https://www.aa.com/aadvantage-progra.../partner/hyatt

I am disappointed that I don't earn Hyatt points for AA flights from my review because I don't have high enough Hyatt status. If you want to motivate me to use Hyatt more, you gotta give me something more.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Appears that there is a Hyatt status challenge... Plat and Plat Pro gets Explorist and CK gets Globalist

Haven't received anything as an EXP
Old May 13, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
This actually works nicely for me, as I can sign up for this a bit later in the year and use the Explorist status for hopefully a nice upgrade in Hong Kong.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by shd9
Haven't received anything as an EXP
Looking like Explorist after 10 nights and Globalist after 20 nights for EXPs. Status will be valid through Feb 2021. Must complete within 90 days window.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Looks like the initial reporting and speculation about this was way off. Unless I missed it, there are no benefits here except some extra AA miles or Hyatt points. Only AA elites get a Hyatt challenge opportunity, not Hyatt for AA.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Anyone else having problems linking accounts? I keep getting that the names on the two accounts don't match, but they do except AA has my middle name in my profile whereas Hyatt does not (but Hyatt site says only first and last names have to match).
Old May 13, 2019, 2:29 pm

Any additional info on Hyatt Elites getting fast-track challenges for elevated AA status. After linking accts through the above, it mentions it - but says visit AA.com for details. There are no details. I'm Hyatt Explorst - and looking for the highest status I can get with AA.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

Maybe not everything is about road warriors who must go to third tier cities on their employers dime. For me, it allows me to double dip a bit between my one hotel program with my one airline program, the latter of which I barely get any value from since I am always travelling to first tier cities ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.