AA & Hyatt announce partnership 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
AA & Hyatt announce partnership 2019

Aa and Hyatt have partnered for reciprocal earning

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...rican-Airlines

Earn 1 aa mile for every $ spent at hyatt and 1 hyatt point for every $ spent on AA

key members get automatic globalist status

for other aa elites there will be Hyatt status challenges to be announced

*edit one mile at a time write up
https://onemileatatime.com/american-...m=BoardingArea
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:13 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Meh...

Not good enough to make me want to do business with Hyatt.
boss315 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Sounds more or less identical to the old Delta SPG Crossover rewards

Will benefit me as a Hyatt person (perhaps an extra 10k AA & 20k Hyatt points a year), but I'm not jazzed about 12000 new Globalists in the free (Hyatt) upgrade pool. Not worried about the impact of the free AA status/challenges on AA upgrades (shouldn't really be any).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Sounds more or less identical to the old Delta SPG Crossover rewards

Will benefit me as a Hyatt person (perhaps an extra 10k AA & 20k Hyatt points a year), but I'm not jazzed about 12000 new Globalists in the free (Hyatt) upgrade pool. Not worried about the impact of the free AA status/challenges on AA upgrades (shouldn't really be any).

I didn't do the math, do you really expect 1200 new Diamonds... or for them too it's "a few extra miles/points" but not enough to get to EXP/Diamond?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I didn't do the math, do you really expect 1200 new Diamonds... or for them too it's "a few extra miles/points" but not enough to get to EXP/Diamond?
What math. There are approx. 12000 CK members. All CKs get free Globalist. 12000 times 1 is 12000. That's 12000 more Globalists in the pool competing for Suite upgrades, eating in the lounges, etc.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:17 am

What math. There are approx. 12000 CK members. All CKs get free Globalist. 12000 times 1 is 12000. That's 12000 more Globalists in the pool competing for Suite upgrades, eating in the lounges, etc.

I'll challenge that math/logic.

How many of 1200 CKs are already Diamonds?

How many of 1200 CKs make travel choices unrelated to perks/incentives (e.g. stay at closest or cheapest option all the time) and won't shift any incremental business to Hyatt?

How many of 1200 CKs getting Diamond won't use it (e.g. already 100% Marriott loyal, or Four Seasons, etc.)?

Etc...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
That calculation assumes that none of those CKs are currently Globalists and that of the ones who aren’t, will all start using Hyatt (more) now.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
There is a bit of difference between 1,200 and 12,000.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Regardless of 1,200 or 12,000, this is likely to have quite a small impact on current Hyatt Globalists. When Marriott handed out Gold to all United Gold and above members, relatively few shifted stays to Marriott, and there are significantly many more United Premier Gold, Platinum, 1K, and GS than AA CKs. You should be more concerned that many the people who actually did use the Marriott benefit before are now shifting to Hyatt and Hilton since the new Marriott Gold is a useless status.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Well, seeing as how I'm not too happy with Marriott Boncrap, then maybe I will try Hyatt. See what status I get as EXP.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Great for me, as I just jumped from Marriott to Hyatt as my primary program.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I actually love Hyatt’s....,particularly Andaz.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Talking Service

Since it's just a partnership for points/miles, we won't have to worry about the service levels at Hyatt being dragged down to AA's level.
DeltaFlyingProf, oopsz and Tim_AZ like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I'll challenge that math/logic.
How many of 1200 CKs are already Diamonds?
Etc...
LOL - why do you keep changing 12,000 to 1200?

Of course some CKs may already be Globalist. That's cool. One would imagine that most CKs spend plenty of nights in hotels. Which is reason to be less than jazzed about the ones who aren't Globalist getting it for free -- because they'll likely be accruing a quick 50-150k Hyatt points by doing nothing other than their normal AA flying (free week at the Park Hyatt Maldives, anyone?) and will have no reason not to try out their Globalist benefits (free suite upgrade at the Park Hyatt Seoul, anyone?) when they travel to a market with a Hyatt.

So I'll echo what MSPeconomist said in the sister thread over on the Hyatt board -- even one CK-freebie-globalist is too many if that's the reason I lose a suite upgrade.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:18 pm

Small error on my part, ok, 12,000 (or 120,000). Many are already Diamonds, many won't ever stay at a Hyatt (other loyalties), many travel so much they won't vacation, many decide by convenience/cost and could care less about incentives. Put me in the camp that says us Diamonds won't see much difference on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.