FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   rescheduling AAnytime award after AA changes schedule (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1959041-rescheduling-aanytime-award-after-aa-changes-schedule.html)

saunders111 Mar 2, 19 8:01 pm

rescheduling AAnytime award after AA changes schedule

Hi all,
I purchased an AAnytime award in first from LIH-BOS. AA changed the itinerary, for reasons unstated, to a different schedule, at quite inconvenient times. I am trying to reschedule to times that work better for me. What are the restrictions here? As an AAnytime award, does any particular fare class need to be available, or just any first class seat? Also, can AA codeshares on Hawaiian be used as part of the rescheduled itinerary?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer,
saunders111

txp Mar 2, 19 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by saunders111 (Post 30840695)
Hi all,
I purchased an AAnytime award in first from LIH-BOS. AA changed the itinerary, for reasons unstated, to a different schedule, at quite inconvenient times. I am trying to reschedule to times that work better for me. What are the restrictions here? As an AAnytime award, does any particular fare class need to be available, or just any first class seat? Also, can AA codeshares on Hawaiian be used as part of the rescheduled itinerary?

saunders111

This happened to me on a few months ago UA. Because the schedule change was substantial, I was able to convince them to move me to the flight of my choice even when no seats were available in the award fare bucket. As long as there was at least one seat available on the flight, in any fare bucket (paid or award), they were willing to accommodate me.

I suggest you call AA and explain, very politely, that the new flight schedule causes significant inconvenience, and then ask respectfully if they could accommodate you on another flight. I say your chances are better than 50%.

JJeffrey Mar 3, 19 8:07 am

Originally Posted by saunders111 (Post 30840695)
Hi all,

saunders111

AAnytime awards should be available as long as there is a single for seat for sale. So there are basically no restrictions to what you can change to, as long as there are seats for sale in first class then you can switch. AAnytime awards are only available on AA metal flights though, so flights on Hawaiian are a no-go.

Just look at aa.com, pick a new routing that works, then give AA a call to change.

Often1 Mar 3, 19 9:27 am

Because this is a reroute due to schedule change, an AA agent can make a change to any available AA seat without regard to the fare bucket used for your ticket or what is available. It does not matter whether you are on AAnytime or the cheapest BE seat available.

Before calling, you should do the research and present the option you want. The easier you make it by providing the date and AA flight number, the easier it is to accomplish this. No need to make a big fuss, all it takes is saying that AA changed the timing and the new timing does not work for you.

serfty Mar 3, 19 1:59 pm

@saunders111 Here are guidlines AA use for Schedule changes with Agent bookings ... AA's own guidelines will be similar.

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...ule_Change.pdf

The flexibly for change varies depending on the length of time the reschedule affects you.

saunders111 Mar 3, 19 3:05 pm

Thank you all. As the replies to my question said, I was able to reroute on a much more convenient flight, but was not able to use the Hawaiian Airlines interisland flights even though they are AA code shares.

I was both lucky and unlucky to get a very knowledgeable and self assured phone agent who understand perfectly what I was trying to do and the limitations, but who was also completely unwilling to just type in the itineraries I had researched ahead of time, but insisted on looking for routings in the order that worked for her. So I ended up spending over two hours on the phone with her until I finally got her to book the itinerary I had tried to feed her in the first five minutes...

Thanks for all your help,
saunders111

millionmiler Mar 3, 19 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by saunders111 (Post 30843305)
Thank you all. As the replies to my question said, I was able to reroute on a much more convenient flight, but was not able to use the Hawaiian Airlines interisland flights even though they are AA code shares.

No non-AA metal flights are ever allowed with Anytime awards. No codeshares, partners, nothing.