Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:01 pm

Too bad they're not redoing the seats at the same time...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/07/american-airlines-overhead-bins-leads-to-flight-cancelations.html
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Djokison

That cynical person would be wrong, as its the F seats that dont have proper under seat storage. So charging for overhead access isnt relevant.
Wow, thats pretty bad. I guess dont attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence applies here.
Djokison and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck

Wow, thats pretty bad. I guess dont attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence applies here.
Is it just me or anyone else noticed that Y seats are lower? I wasnt comfortable crossing legs. It felt that seat is too low for it. Never had this problem in old 737 seat.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
cant wait for my Oasis trip next month.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
A cynical person might say this decision was made when AA was still charging for overhead access on E- tickets (I don't know this to be true, by the way) and wanted less space under the seat so more people would have to pay to check bags or regular economy. Probably not true, but a good conspiracy theory.
Originally Posted by Djokison

That cynical person would be wrong, as its the F seats that dont have proper under seat storage. So charging for overhead access isnt relevant.
Not to mention that once you were on the aircraft, nothing was preventing you from putting your bag in the overhead bin, even on a BE ticket. Once you passed the GA, you were free to do as you please.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:47 pm

Its only the window seat that needs the underwear storage to facilitate that all-over tan. The aisle seat is too far from the window to benefit from the rays
Old Feb 12, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The only redeemable feature of oasis

Currently in 2B headed to TUS soon in a completely full 738.

anyway the drop tray for your PED is very convenient.

otherwise everything else is horrible and really annoyed they mixed the IFE screens.
freeagent likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.