Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by econometrics
The clear distinction in these numbers is the fact that DL is putting IFE in every seat back, nor are they packing as many people into similar frames.
That calls for a correction. DL has put AVOD at every seat in all mainline aircraft except MD-88s (still 81 of them, all gone by end of 2020), the presently 38-strong MD-90s (declining rapidly in number but final retirement TBD), and the 91 717s. So, if it has engines on the wings - call it 650 mainline aircraft - you'll find AVOD. Sat wifi (Ku or 2Ku), too.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That calls for a correction. DL has put AVOD at every seat in all mainline aircraft except MD-88s (still 81 of them, all gone by end of 2020), the presently 38-strong MD-90s (declining rapidly in number but final retirement TBD), and the 91 717s. So, if it has engines on the wings - call it 650 mainline aircraft - you'll find AVOD. Sat wifi (Ku or 2Ku), too.
Thanks. Overlooked the MD80's. (Forgive me, oh great airplane!)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just boarded another oasis plane dfw-iah. I noticed the middle section between seats can no longer fit a bag—it’s not tall enough.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Just boarded another oasis plane dfw-iah. I noticed the middle section between seats can no longer fit a bag—it’s not tall enough.
No ptiblem though for underseat storage. My backpack fits fine.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
The window seat is fine. It's the aisle seat with the very narrow underseat storage that required using the middle storage. Now the laptop goes in the overhead if I'm in the aisle.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:25 pm

only window seats in F have underwear storage. F Aisle seats and middle/aisle in Y row 8 won’t have underwear storage.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gateH15
underwear storage.
teemuflyer and no1cub17 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gateH15

only window seats in F have underwear storage. F Aisle seats and middle/aisle in Y row 8 won’t have underwear storage.
😩
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by AA100k

😩
lol autocorrect
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
If the seat doesn't have IFE I can't imagine why on earth they designed something that doesn't allow you to store things underneath. With the exception of a power outlet this is a bare bones seat. Side note I just took Spirit for the first time FLL to EWR in their "big front seat" and was extremely comfortable...no bar and I could store my brief case underneath the seat in front of me.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by morrisunc
If the seat doesn't have IFE I can't imagine why on earth they designed something that doesn't allow you to store things underneath. With the exception of a power outlet this is a bare bones seat. Side note I just took Spirit for the first time FLL to EWR in their "big front seat" and was extremely comfortable...no bar and I could store my brief case underneath the seat in front of me.
Exactly. Given the lack of electronics I can't imagine what's filling up the space inside all that plastic. I assume dead air. Can't be needed for structural reasons. Just stupidity.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
Exactly. Given the lack of electronics I can't imagine what's filling up the space inside all that plastic. I assume dead air. Can't be needed for structural reasons. Just stupidity.
if Parker could figure out how to make every seat middle in economy he would do it in the heartbeat.
JDiver and SouthernCross like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just took my 29F seat on an oasis bird back to Dallas. Wow. These seats are really hard and uncomfortable. No IFE either.

I said to the flight attendant “oh boy an oasis outfitted plane. Getting any complaints??” “MANY” he exclaims.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by morrisunc
A cynical person might say this decision was made when AA was still charging for overhead access on E- tickets (I don't know this to be true, by the way) and wanted less space under the seat so more people would have to pay to check bags or regular economy. Probably not true, but a good conspiracy theory.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
A cynical person might say this decision was made when AA was still charging for overhead access on E- tickets (I don't know this to be true, by the way) and wanted less space under the seat so more people would have to pay to check bags or regular economy. Probably not true, but a good conspiracy theory.
That cynical person would be wrong, as it’s the F seats that don’t have proper under seat storage. So charging for overhead access isn’t relevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.