Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Or this:

https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.a...1&T1=MD7454+BK

As someone with lower back issues it's been a life changer in terms of airline travel. Plus it deflates to a reasonably compact size.
thanks! My cushion is great but not blowup! I’ll give this a try .
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I was a US CP for ages before I became a AA flyer. I used to fly RDU-CLT-LAX and back monthly and found the PM US First class seat on the A321 to be way more comfortable that the 737 AA seat - despite the lower pitch. Once AA added nonstop RDU-LAX on the 737 (around the merger time) I obviously switched, but found the seat to be way less comfortable - even though it had 40" pitch.
I, too, came over from US with the merger and totally agree about the LUS A321 F seats being more comfortable than the 737 AA F seat. I often have a choice out of SAN to fly either the A321 or the 737, and I always choose the Airbus. Also, I find the Y seats more comfortable on the A321.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I think it's ridiculous and obnoxious that AA is doing this. It's kind of like they're saying "well, if you want power on pmUS aircraft, we'll also make the seats uncomfortable!" Why can't they just add power to pmUS aircraft but keep the seats the way they are? That'd make everyone (except for the bean counters) happy.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I think it's ridiculous and obnoxious that AA is doing this. It's kind of like they're saying "well, if you want power on pmUS aircraft, we'll also make the seats uncomfortable!" Why can't they just add power to pmUS aircraft but keep the seats the way they are? That'd make everyone (except for the bean counters) happy.
I'm confused. Besides the bean counters, who else's happiness could you possibly care about?
/parkerlogic
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by beachfan

And is that because it’s just started, or you think EXPs and CKs will continue to fly AA once it’s become standard. By definition, those will have many miserable trips in a year, even if they fly TATL F/J most of the time unless they live in a gateway.

And what have they disclosed about the impact if abandoning JFK? Or do you think they are all connecting in Phil.
So what's the alternative. And most of EXPs and CKs flying across the pond are in J not crammed into seat 41J. EXP spend is now $15K (even more with taxes). I'm no longer EXP because of the spend requirements. My hunch is that as the price for EXP goes up (and possibly for CK albeit that's not published) those flyers would rarely ever see a Y- seat. Yeah the F cabin on the max is as tacky as all get out (divided from Y by a $5 piece of plastic) but I would have doubts someone's going to bolt to UA or DL. Particularly if UA and DL don't status match.

AFAIK JFK AA has retained the routes where there's still strong local premium demand. Yes it's probably lost some revenue but it's kept the key routes out of JFK. Presumably AA wouldn't take a JFK/TATL/SA money making route and shove it down to PHL. Parker's not that dumb.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
So what's the alternative. And most of EXPs and CKs flying across the pond are in J not crammed into seat 41J. EXP spend is now $15K (even more with taxes). I'm no longer EXP because of the spend requirements. My hunch is that as the price for EXP goes up (and possibly for CK albeit that's not published) those flyers would rarely ever see a Y- seat. Yeah the F cabin on the max is as tacky as all get out (divided from Y by a $5 piece of plastic) but I would have doubts someone's going to bolt to UA or DL. Particularly if UA and DL don't status match.

AFAIK JFK AA has retained the routes where there's still strong local premium demand. Yes it's probably lost some revenue but it's kept the key routes out of JFK. Presumably AA wouldn't take a JFK/TATL/SA money making route and shove it down to PHL. Parker's not that dumb.
If there's one thing we do know - it's that AA is run by beancounters who want to squeeze as much revenue as possible out of every flight, customer comfort or loyalty be damned. JFK-ZRH was moved to PHL. I have no doubt that this was a profitable route for AA out of JFK. But, they must have calculated that it could be more profitable from PHL which has little competition and more connecting flow.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JDiver
Or as some of us say, M i Q, Kay ee wye...
Now that’s f’fing funny😂😂😂

Cheers,
TG
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:54 pm
Suspended

...but I would have doubts someone's going to bolt to UA or DL. Particularly if UA and DL don't status match
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...os/TB8230.html

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...challenge.html
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grass is no greener over there.....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Grass is no greener over there.....
No one said it was.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
No one said it was.
My comment was more directed toward gorgeous george but that's okay you can roll your eyes at me anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
My comment was more directed toward gorgeous george but that's okay you can roll your eyes at me anyway.
Ah, then maybe this will help

AAway and Djokison like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium

really not accurate. I’ve flown nothing better than pe or y and have 9 segments under my belt thus far. I’m up to $7k in spend

not a single flight in paid j as my company has a policy for flights. I’ll easily exceed $15k this year without breaking a sweat. I did $18k last year and only two paid j seats out of 50+ segments
JonNYC likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky

really not accurate. I’ve flown nothing better than pe or y and have 9 segments under my belt thus far. I’m up to $7k in spend

not a single flight in paid j as my company has a policy for flights. I’ll easily exceed $15k this year without breaking a sweat. I did $18k last year and only two paid j seats out of 50+ segments
and you’re not getting upgrades with that kind of spend? If you fly that much with a restrictive policy — new job? Renegotiate?

you deserve EXP at that point, bean counters be damned
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
If you fly that much with a restrictive policy — new job? Renegotiate]

Not everyone can switch jobs for a less restricting policy. Just saying it’s not like switching out a car.
PlatinumScum and TSparky like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.