Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by chongcao
Me too!

Always trusted JonNYC's source. I hope JonNYC can post more FT thread rather than post on twitter first.
Is it sad that I joined Twitter just to follow JonNYC?

Well ... Also in the event I need to contact AA's twitter team - I'll be able to quickly. I haven't had any reason to yet, but I'm sure I will.

Regarding the topic at hand. I'm used to flying in the exit row, and usually bring my own entertainment on my iPad. I usually set the plane's IFE to the moving map. On the Oasis aircraft, I do miss the having the moving map, but other than that the exit row is just as comfortable as any other 737 and I love the iPad holder. The F passengers have some very valid complaints though ....
JonNYC likes this.

Last edited by AAway; Mar 4, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I really want to know who in planning or operations or whatever thought it was a good idea to have seats installed that effectively make it impossible to store a laptop bag or back pack or tote underneath a seat.

Honestly, somebody needs to be -fired-.
Yup. If I went to the hospital and did such a half-assed job, I'd be looking for a new one stat. Mind boggling what people can get away with in positions of power.
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I'm just tired of having some plans configured one way, others configured another way. Tomorrow my FC seat has changed from 5B to 2B back to 5B in the matter of a few hours. If I was picking a seat in coach, I feel like the only safe option is row 9. I wouldn't mind trying the exit rows on the Awaysis plane, but don't want to pick one and then end up stuck in a regular seat if the Awaysis plane goes away.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If AA had such a runoff of high end customers it was having a material impact on financial performance then yes they would probably need to disclose. The essential word being material. Of course what they would blame it on?

I doubt that project Oasis is driving off EXPs and CKs in material numbers.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AA can’t be chasing more people away to Delta
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If AA had such a runoff of high end customers it was having a material impact on financial performance then yes they would probably need to disclose. The essential word being material. Of course what they would blame it on?

I doubt that project Oasis is driving off EXPs and CKs in material numbers.
And is that because it’s just started, or you think EXPs and CKs will continue to fly AA once it’s become standard. By definition, those will have many miserable trips in a year, even if they fly TATL F/J most of the time unless they live in a gateway.

And what have they disclosed about the impact if abandoning JFK? Or do you think they are all connecting in Phil.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Project oasis or just bad seats my ... can’t handle transcon flights anymore especially in y. I’m in constant pain for the entire flight due to total lack of padding.

I could give up under under seat storage, perhaps even leg room if the seats had padding and were comfortable to sit in

all I ask is for a cushion that doesn’t flatten resulting in me sitting on metal
GunsOfNavarone likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan

And is that because it’s just started, or you think EXPs and CKs will continue to fly AA once it’s become standard. By definition, those will have many miserable trips in a year, even if they fly TATL F/J most of the time unless they live in a gateway.

And what have they disclosed about the impact if abandoning JFK? Or do you think they are all connecting in Phil.
That’s exactly my situation. I work in Europe and live in San Diego and if those Oasis F seats are as bad as the first reviews, I’ll be looking for a status challenge from either DL or UA. Currently, Oasis planes haven’t shown up on my domestic routes. I’ll take the LUS klunkers with no power outlets any day over an F seat without padding,legroom or under seat space.
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by AA100k

That’s exactly my situation. I work in Europe and live in San Diego and if those Oasis F seats are as bad as the first reviews, I’ll be looking for a status challenge from either DL or UA. Currently, Oasis planes haven’t shown up on my domestic routes. I’ll take the LUS klunkers with no power outlets any day over an F seat without padding,legroom or under seat space.
I was a US CP for ages before I became a AA flyer. I used to fly RDU-CLT-LAX and back monthly and found the PM US First class seat on the A321 to be way more comfortable that the 737 AA seat - despite the lower pitch. Once AA added nonstop RDU-LAX on the 737 (around the merger time) I obviously switched, but found the seat to be way less comfortable - even though it had 40" pitch.
jmrp likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Project oasis or just bad seats my ... can’t handle transcon flights anymore especially in y. I’m in constant pain for the entire flight due to total lack of padding.

I could give up under under seat storage, perhaps even leg room if the seats had padding and were comfortable to sit in

all I ask is for a cushion that doesn’t flatten resulting in me sitting on metal
There's a fairly simple solution for this. @:-)
AA could probably rent them onboard and make tons of $$!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ijgordon
There's a fairly simple solution for this. @:-)
AA could probably rent them onboard and make tons of $$!
Or this:

https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.a...1&T1=MD7454+BK

As someone with lower back issues it's been a life changer in terms of airline travel. Plus it deflates to a reasonably compact size.
JDiver and beachfan like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
I’ve resorted to a blowup cushion as well. Shouldn’t have to though, seat shouldn’t suck
JDiver, ijgordon and no1cub17 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
Originally Posted by Catbert10
The customers sitting in the front of an Oasisfied plane are sitting in some of the worst FC seats in the sky. Trust me, AA is hearing lots of complaints from the people riding in front
Agree 100%. I flew DCA-LAX on a new MAX and it was horrible...worst FC seats in the AA fleet (worse than their Eagle FC IMHO). I will do everything I can to avoid that aircraft and those seats. I may be in a minority but I like the current generation of FC seats which I find comfortable and hope that AA will stop the horror that is Oasis and revert to what they currently fly in their 737-800 aircraft.
JDiver, JonNYC, beachfan and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Are the A319s also being oasised? Sitting in one now and the F seats look an awful lot like PEY. If that's the new domestic F seat ... wow. That is nuts. Seat pitch looks tight too!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Are the A319s also being oasised? Sitting in one now and the F seats look an awful lot like PEY. If that's the new domestic F seat ... wow. That is nuts. Seat pitch looks tight too!
No, those are the seats that were installed when the LAA and LUS a319s were harmonized. They're similar seats.

New F: Rockwell Collins MiQ Business Class
PE: MiQ Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.