Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Project Oasis retrofitting reversal???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
...The flyers that AA is really concerned about are the ones not impacted. They are sitting up front, usually on a long haul in a flat bed seat. The guy/gal flying and spending enough to make GLD, PLT and PLT PRO is a dime a dozen. Not to mention they either have no choice in the airline they fly or are a hub captive...
Literally none of this is correct.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by no2chem
At this point I wish they just scrapped their boeings and airbuses (well, except 321T) and replaced them all with E75s. I mean, no hot food or power sucks, but way more comfortable

Actually, the E75s are a great example of how to do no IFE right. I don't mind that there's no IFE on the E75 because it's just a super comfortable plane to begin with.
actually I’d like aa to invest in the a220. Ive seen reports on the delta experience on the a220 being one of the best aircraft in the DL fleet now and far better than e75s. The bathroom has a window for crying out loud like the 787. Sure won’t find that much space on an oasis aa plane
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nuhusky

actually I’d like aa to invest in the a220. Ive seen reports on the delta experience on the a220 being one of the best aircraft in the DL fleet now and far better than e75s. The bathroom has a window for crying out loud like the 787. Sure won’t find that much space on an oasis aa plane
AA seriously looking at A220 presently. But, of course, the AA version will have it's own layout...
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
AA seriously looking at A220 presently. But, of course, the AA version will have it's own layout...
that would be great but given history will come up with a way to take what seems like an awesome aircraft and destroy it.

article I was thinking of was tpg. https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/del...0-first-class/

interesting read on what aa could do, but probably won’t.

Wouldnt it be going for great if aa put out superior aircraft and experiences vs DL especially given the age of aa craft are younger than DL
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by JonNYC
More like this?
JDiver, SK, JonNYC and 11 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:41 pm
Suspended

[left]

that would be great but given history will come up with a way to take what seems like an awesome aircraft and destroy it.

article I was thinking of was tpg. https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/del...0-first-class/

interesting read on what aa could do, but probably won’t.
That's my point in response to:
actually I’d like aa to invest in the a220.
The aircraft itself means very little in this context. DL does a whole other level with their non-stock interiors and innovative, attractive colors and materials, etc., etc.

You'll have to fly Delta if you want the Delta experience.
steve64, wrp96 and 355F1 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by morrisunc
I'm one of them. It doesn't take a $10mm McKinsey report to realize you can't put your briefcase under the F seat in front of you.
I haven’t flown one of these yet, but can anyone answer why there is no space under the seat? What did they put down there, since there’s no IFE boxes?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I'm one of them. It doesn't take a $10mm McKinsey report to realize you can't put your briefcase under the F seat in front of you.
They'll probably pay for one anyway...
wrp96 and morrisunc like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA100k

I haven’t flown one of these yet, but can anyone answer why there is no space under the seat? What did they put down there, since there’s no IFE boxes?
This struck me as a particularly good run-down on the subject:
https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...ble-new-seats/
steve64, dciolli and AA100k like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA gold, AA Plat, HHonors diamond, DL DM
I received a call from AA yesterday for the stated purpose of asking me what I thought of flying AA as an EXP. When I started on OASIS, the questioner asked a number of follow ups and gave me the impression that I was far from the first EXP to complain about the experience and the seats,
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
I've switched to the window seats on these in F just so I have somewhere to put my backpack.
Catbert10 and AA100k like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Are these oasis configured planes only at a certain hub? Can’t say I’ve seen one at DFW.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
So while DL is putting in more spacious seats and bigger IFE, AA is busy reducing seat pitch and stripping all IFE. Sounds like a great move.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:10 pm

I’m EP, but my wife prefers JetBlue. We have 3 kids. The first Oasis flight will probably be my wife’s last. And I’ll start connecting thru Atlanta. Every AA flight, she’s asks if they will have seatback entertainment for the kids. She’s feeling the stress of having to manage all the devices and batteries. She suffers with AA because I get us MCE, usually, but that’s hit or miss with those US planes where most MCE seats are exit row and my kids can’t sit there.

Im sure they’ll reverse the decision, but only after shareholders fire Parker. That will be some time. He’s strategy is aimless. And he’s eroding the brand. Someday, the BOD will realize that. Just like the goofballs running Hienz-Kraft.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Are these oasis configured planes only at a certain hub? Can’t say I’ve seen one at DFW.
i think most of these planes are flying out of Miami, for now

open to being wrong but...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.