Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Crazy long lines at DFW C tsa pre 1 Mar 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Wow this is nuts.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 2, 2019 at 7:25 am Reason: Edit, reload photo
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Honestly I used to avoid going through security at terminal C like the plague when I lived there, especially early in the morning if I could help it. A was usually pretty good and D was always fast
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Tech question please. My iPhone camera defaults the pic angled that way. I didn’t see a way to correct it upon submittal.

??
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:40 pm

I landed at Dallas a little after that. Exited through the security checkpoint by baggage claim C-31 and there was nobody there. It’s a very small checkpoint so I don’t know if they had precheck.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by GalleyWench1
I landed at Dallas a little after that. Exited through the security checkpoint by baggage claim C-31 and there was nobody there. It’s a very small checkpoint so I don’t know if they had precheck.
Nope Pre-Check in C is C21, other pre-checks at DFW are in A21, D22, D30, and E16. None in B for some reason.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
C tends to be way worse than the other terminals. Either start at adjacent A or E and / or consider investing in CLEAR for access at E.
enviroian likes this.

Last edited by tismfu; Mar 1, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Went through DFW C-PRE at 5:35 and there were only two people in front of me... I do agree though that C is usually the worst, followed by A.. D and E I usually fly right through.

I’ve only actually been through the B checkpoint once as I rarely fly Eagle out of DFW.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Yep, I ALWAYS avoid going through security at C. Flew out of DFW this morning. Wife tried correcting me when I told the driver to drop us off at A21, as our departure gate was C26. I told her we were going via A. I usually prefer D, but since our shuttle was entering through the north entrance, and included another passenger who was going to C, I opted for the first/closest best option, as we were slightly tight on time.

The DFW airport page even has the following message: Terminal C - TSA Checkpoints at Terminal C experience increased wait times during weekday hours of 6 to 8 a.m. Travelers may check in at Terminal A or D and ride Skylink to their gate.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tismfu
C tends to be way worse than the other terminals. Either start at adjacent A or E and / or consider investing in CLEAR for access at E.
It sucks that CLEAR in only in E. I have CLEAR and never use it at my home airport (DFW). I generally just go to D, because there is rarely ever more than 3 people in line. If I lived on the south side of the airport, I would probably use E, every time, since it would be the first terminal.
tismfu likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Tech question please. My iPhone camera defaults the pic angled that way. I didn’t see a way to correct it upon submittal.
Correct it on the phone prior to submittal: find your photo in the Camera Roll, click Edit, then use the Rotate control that's second-to-the-left on the bottom, then Done, and it will replace the image in the Camera Roll with the rotated one.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Security pounced on a girl taking a photo of the queues when I was there in December. They grabbed her phone and deleted the photo, saying it wasn't allowed !
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anniegray
Security pounced on a girl taking a photo of the queues when I was there in December. They grabbed her phone and deleted the photo, saying it wasn't allowed !
they grabbed her phone and deleted the photo..as in they physically took custody of the phone by force and deleted it or did they ask the girl to delete the photo? The former would be a crime, and I'd happily miss my flight if needed to have that addressed by actual law enforcement, the later I'd probably say ok to just placate the TSA because I'm not a moron and know it will go to the "Recently Deleted" album on my IPhone and be promptly restored.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by genotonda
It sucks that CLEAR in only in E. I have CLEAR and never use it at my home airport (DFW). I generally just go to D, because there is rarely ever more than 3 people in line. If I lived on the south side of the airport, I would probably use E, every time, since it would be the first terminal.
Every time they send me a post-use survey I whine “PLEASE ADD OTHER DFW TERMINALS”... maybe one day
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
they grabbed her phone and deleted the photo..as in they physically took custody of the phone by force and deleted it or did they ask the girl to delete the photo? The former would be a crime, and I'd happily miss my flight if needed to have that addressed by actual law enforcement, the later I'd probably say ok to just placate the TSA because I'm not a moron and know it will go to the "Recently Deleted" album on my IPhone and be promptly restored.
Yeah they took her phone and deleted it !
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
Correct it on the phone prior to submittal: find your photo in the Camera Roll, click Edit, then use the Rotate control that's second-to-the-left on the bottom, then Done, and it will replace the image in the Camera Roll with the rotated one.
Thanks. It appears normal in my iphone gallery so I will tilt it 1/4 counterclockwise before submitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.