Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What brand of plates does AA use in the Flagship Lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I have been looking for a particular type of plate for a long time and haven't been able to find the exact one that I want. I saw some pics of the exact thing i'm looking for in a review of the LAX Flagship Lounge in View From The Wing (below.) Yes, I know there are many brands that sell plates like this but I haven't found one that is exactly what I would like.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could have a peek underneath and let me know. thanks!

Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
A lot of the serviceware used in the lounges comes from Wasserstrom. You should be able to find it at Wasserstrom.com
TravelLawyer and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joepercussion1
A lot of the serviceware used in the lounges comes from Wasserstrom. You should be able to find it at Wasserstrom.com
thank you for that. that site has tons of stuff and i had a look but couldn't find these exact plates.

so if anyone is passing through one of these lounges and can have a peek, i'd still be very grateful to know what brand these are.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I’ll look the other way if you just want to stick a couple in your backpack...
757FO and Danwriter like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by BenSenise
thank you for that. that site has tons of stuff and i had a look but couldn't find these exact plates.
Aren't these it? FWIW, they're bowls, not plates. https://www.wasserstrom.com/restaura...tNumber=128327
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Aren't these it? FWIW, they're bowls, not plates. https://www.wasserstrom.com/restaura...tNumber=128327
those look very similar but to me the brim on the lounge plates looks completely planar whereas the ones at wasserstrom look slightly curved and sloped. i know i'm splitting hairs here but if i can get the AA ones, i will. otherwise something like this is good so thanks. I'm not sure i saw that one. i will search more for bowls. i did find another nice one on that site called "float" that curved downwards rather than up. great source, thanks joepercussion1

Originally Posted by Beachfun71
I’ll look the other way if you just want to stick a couple in your backpack...
that would assume that i could get into the flagship lounge
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Have you thought about making a call to the lounge? Perhaps they would know and tell you. What about Twitter? They can be very useful and worth a shot.
757FO likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Have you thought about making a call to the lounge? Perhaps they would know and tell you. What about Twitter? They can be very useful and worth a shot.
Those are both good ideas, thanks. I'll see if anyone here can tell me and then if after a few days i don't have an answer, I'll give that a try.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The glassware in FFD is also great! I got some for myself.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
AA Plates

I've never paid much attention to those bowls, but I will look on my return trip from CDG 2/28. If I don't recognize the marks(and I am in a peripheral business), I will ask someone. From the pictures above, I find them remarkably similar to the Apilco tasting bowls available all over Paris. When I next pass by one of my suppliers, I will send photos onward. Is it the curve of the wide rim or the angle/curve of the central bowl that you want to be different?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willie--wonka
Is it the curve of the wide rim or the angle/curve of the central bowl that you want to be different?
i'll take this offline and PM you.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:04 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by BenSenise
i'll take this offline and PM you.
What? Now I will never know if it was the curve of the wide rim or the angle/curve of the central bowl!!!
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA100k
that looks very close. i like it! i'm not sure that it's the one they use in the flagship lounges but it's probably close enough.

now to find if it's available without having to buy 12.

thanks very much for that.
AA100k likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:50 pm

Related tip: go to a local restaurant supply store & show them that picture. They can help you find it or something similar they have in stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.