Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First class nine time coach price many routes, three time DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class nine time coach price many routes, three time DL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
You can't have this:

Originally Posted by cigarman
I look forward to intelligent conversation.
If you are going to set these myopic conditions

Originally Posted by cigarman
What I am NOT concerned with is supply and demand. Nor am I concerned with days where it is cheaper that I do not have to fly.
What I am trying to discuss are these points and the relationship with AA pricing in the last six months. Something has changed, at least in south florida. I am trying to see if it is universal... thus being able to decide is it time to fire AA. Has Doug Parker jumped the shark?
You want to discuss airline pricing and economics - but you are unwilling to talk about supply and demand? That doesn't work.

You want to discuss if what you are seeing is universal - but you are unwilling to talk about days or routes where you aren't flying? That doesn't make sense.

I can you tell AA is routinely cheaper in my homebase than it's competitors, so no what you are seeing is not universal.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:45 am
Suspended

I notice AA seems to care a lot about 10 days to 21 days departure period now. Lower price can often found in that advance purchase period if no major holidays.

Other than that I do notice AA has average higher FC ticket compared to other companies from Florida. I miss the old days of $300 FC ticket from SJU to LAX...I guess those days are long gone.

I guess AA knows there will be many upgrade requests each flight and AA can fill the FC cabin with upgrades. The key battle ground for revenue would be the 0D-10D last minute Y class purchase with higher average fares (YHM sub-classes) to make up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.