Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA on AA Tales for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Djokison

This.

Regardless of the reason for the 43 minute delay, the fallen serviceman on board or his personal issues, there’s 0 point in making that comment to the FA.
Some people just don't have the discipline to keep their mouth shut.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator note:

We are reviewing this thread. It will remain open, for now, but may be locked for further comments if the discussion continues to evolve into Omni-PR land (or we will simply move the thread over to the Omni-PR forum).

At this time, I'd encourage everyone who posted to re-read and re-evaluate your posts and the relevancy they have to American Airlines, especially as far as earning and burning miles. Feel free to self-edit as you see fit.

Thanks.

moderator/aztimm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
DYKWIA Tales

In over 40 years of flying I have seen my fair share of DYKWIA behavior. I would LOVE to keep this thread open (in a non-OMNI way), so that we can all laugh/snicker/shake our heads in disbelief/be appalled/... at DYKIAs without too much additional comment.

To that end, I am

1. Self redacting my posts on this thread earlier in the day.

and

2. Sharing from Wednesday 2/13/19 in SFO. Rain, delays cxl's, etc. DYKWIA (somewhere between 30 and 40) comes in, cuts the line, and says "I'm Concierge Key and I have been downgraded and delayed. Where is the supervisor?" AAngel (who is the manager) says there are people in line ahead of him, which elicits a "Surely these people ALL can't be CK, AND I have been downgraded and delayed". The guy he cut in front of says sarcasticly "I have been a lousy, rotten, stinking, EXP for over 15 years, but your issue and status seems to supercede everyone else here, all of whom are also delayed. Please go ahead of me.". which he did. Long story short, AA upguaged 2 flights to 777's from 5 321's, 3 of which were 3+ hours late, and 2 were CXL. Turns out, Mr. DYKWIA, had been moved out of a F on a CXL to a F/J on one of the 777s. As a lousy, rotten, stinking EXP for over 15 years, my upgrade cleared, and I ended up sitting next to him. Lucky me. In DFW, he pushed through the aisle saying "Excuse me, Concierge Key. Excuse me."

We can have a lot of fun, and grins and giggles with this. Please lets avoid OMNI and a lock.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
In over 40 years of flying I have seen my fair share of DYKWIA behavior. I would LOVE to keep this thread open (in a non-OMNI way), so that we can all laugh/snicker/shake our heads in disbelief/be appalled/... at DYKIAs without too much additional comment.

To that end, I am

1. Self redacting my posts on this thread earlier in the day.

and

2. Sharing from Wednesday 2/13/19 in SFO. Rain, delays cxl's, etc. DYKWIA (somewhere between 30 and 40) comes in, cuts the line, and says "I'm Concierge Key and I have been downgraded and delayed. Where is the supervisor?" AAngel (who is the manager) says there are people in line ahead of him, which elicits a "Surely these people ALL can't be CK, AND I have been downgraded and delayed". The guy he cut in front of says sarcasticly "I have been a lousy, rotten, stinking, EXP for over 15 years, but your issue and status seems to supercede everyone else here, all of whom are also delayed. Please go ahead of me.". which he did. Long story short, AA upguaged 2 flights to 777's from 5 321's, 3 of which were 3+ hours late, and 2 were CXL. Turns out, Mr. DYKWIA, had been moved out of a F on a CXL to a F/J on one of the 777s. As a lousy, rotten, stinking EXP for over 15 years, my upgrade cleared, and I ended up sitting next to him. Lucky me. In DFW, he pushed through the aisle saying "Excuse me, Concierge Key. Excuse me."

We can have a lot of fun, and grins and giggles with this. Please lets avoid OMNI and a lock.
so the moral of this story is
CK's not all , but a few need to brought down a notch or two.. and of course AA values their Ck's a lot more them , then those that endure the struggles of flights day in and day out and make their status by actually flying the to make status
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by fotographer
so the moral of this story is
CK's not all , but a few need to brought down a notch or two.. and of course AA values their Ck's a lot more them , then those that endure the struggles of flights day in and day out and make their status by actually flying the to make status
Please remember that some (many?) CKs DO make their status by "flying day in and day out". They just do so more than lowly EXPs

btw, the behavior described does sound obnoxious and gives a bad name to CKs, who should be among the most adept at managing expectations when flying and "going with the flow" when disruptions inevitably occur.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Closing this thread down for now. (Maintenance will be performed later.)

EDIT: Clean-up complete. Unfortunately thread will be staying closed, as it would almost certainly devolve again. Thanks for everyone’s understanding. /Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 19, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.