Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Schedule change from LA on AA ticket - change of date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Hey.

I'm flying to Brazil a few months from now with AA and LA (one pure AA flight and other AA-marketed LA-operated flight).
I received a rather dramatic email from LATAM saying my flight had been cancelled and they secured a new one for me. The catch is that the new flights departs almost 3 hours before I'm scheduled to arrive at GRU.

Interestingly enough when I look at the reservation on AA.com there's no alert message at the top mentioning schedule changes and the like. If I hadn't received the email from LATAM I wouldn't have noticed the change even when checking the record directly, since the usual schedule change alert message is not there.

In any case, I would like to understand what I can reasonably ask them before calling.

Since the cancelled flights was from LATAM within Brazil and this is the return leg of a BR-originating ticket, I went looking for the Brazilian rules around schedule changes and found this:

[...] if the change is of more than 30 minutes for national flights and 1 hour for international flights, the airline must offer a new flight option or full reimbursement.
(From ANAC: Flight change, delay and cancellation ? ANAC National Civil Aviation Agency - Brazil)

From this I will safely assume that refund is not going to be a problem, however I wanted to see what kind of changes I could reasonably ask for. Is changing the date for about one week later asking too much? Is there any point trying?

Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Which airline did you book through? Find a flight you like and call the applicable airline and be requested to be changed to the flight of your choice, or ask for a refund.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
General AA policy for a significant schedule change is re-accommodation in the same cabin you are ticketed in, on the same day, one day prior, or one day after. Any result outside that is unlikely (at least with US issued tickets). What ever you ask for, definitely call AA and have them review/clean up the itinerary, given that you are on an AA ticket/flight nos.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
General AA policy for a significant schedule change is re-accommodation in the same cabin you are ticketed in, on the same day, one day prior, or one day after. Any result outside that is unlikely (at least with US issued tickets). What ever you ask for, definitely call AA and have them review/clean up the itinerary, given that you are on an AA ticket/flight nos.
Thanks, this is very good info. I will keep this in mind when asking for a different date.
This ticket was booked through AA (001 ticket stock).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.