Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where are the AA sales and miles bonuses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 pm
QG
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS

It just occurred to me, browsing the Qantas website, right on the start page there is usually an airfare sale or some such incentive like bonus points on credit cards, barrels of wine etc.

The AA homepage never changes - is that just the international page or does AA never do airfare sales? Or maybe they just spruik credit cards and wine offers inflight...

I've never noticed any AA sales or bonus mile incentives, but that's not to say there aren't any - are they perhaps targeted rather open to the riff-raff?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Non-targeted bonuses are two decades out of date.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see various bonus miles offers on the home page. 50,000 bonus points for Citicard sign-up. Book a pet sitter with Rover and earn 2000 bonus miles. Earn extra miles on your cruise. You just have to cycle through them. There's also -- https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...and-offers.jsp
Whenever I see fare "sales" on sites like DL and WN, the deals frequently aren't all that great. So I don't think you are missing out on anything.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Fare sales such as they are aren't all that great (usually limited to Tuesdays and Wednesdays). The introduction of BE fares is making "sales" obsolete. If you want a cheap fare that's what BE is for albeit with drawbacks that didn't use to exist.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Consult your Magic 8-Ball.
fotographer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
https://earnmoremiles.aa.com/BonusOffers
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Golden Age of EQ, miles bonuses, weekly sales and discounted destinations is over, replaced by reduced capacity / fuller aircraft and more finely tuned revenue management.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Non-targeted bonuses are two decades out of date.
Nah, they have occurred in this decade. Quadruple RDMs fro PLT/EXP. (Triple for non elites)........transcons for $99 , etc..........
All happened on AA in this decade, when airlines were losing $BILLIONS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.