Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Earning Elite Qualifying Miles and Dollars, and Award Miles Flying on Qatar Airways link to page on aa.com

To earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights as well as Qatar Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworld® carriers and affiliates:
  • Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code
  • Fly an eligible route
On most flights marketed by partner airlines, you earn award miles based on a percentage of the flight distance and the fare class of your ticket. Specific flights, routes or cities that are excluded from earning miles or award travel are listed as exceptions if applicable.

AFFILIATE AIRLINES (none)

Qatar Airways marketed (“codeshare”) flights must be operated by a oneworld® or affiliate airline to earn AAdvantage miles. The ticketing or selling carrier or agent is immaterial to earnings.

Miles and other earnings may take a week or longer, and in some reported instances have not posted at all without intervention.

It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your earnings have all posted.

Also see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-partners.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,AC

Can you earn AA EQM and EQD when traveling on QR from Canada. AA charts says no, but when speaking to AA agents they say yes.

Anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by akubri
Can you earn AA EQM and EQD when traveling on QR from Canada. AA charts says no, but when speaking to AA agents they say yes.

Thanks.
Welcome to FT. Yes you earn full miles/EQD on QR flights from Canada.

The aa.com "chart" that you mention is only meant as a rough guide of where each partner carrier flies their own metal, it is not a hard and fast list of what flights will or won't earn miles. Any flights that are excluded from AA mileage earning will be specifically called out under an "Exceptions" section on the same page.
JDiver, GTITAN and ashill like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by akubri

Thanks.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

What JJeffrey said. (He’s usually spot on; you can bet on it.)

Canada-US or v.v. is ignored in some of the AA charts because it’s not a major routing for QR - or CX. Someone just asked about JFK-YVR on CX earning EQ, and yep, it does for qualifying fare classes, like QR. (But if traveling on a through flight with the same flight number it will earn as a nonsto: CX JFK-YVR-HKG only earns as JFK-HKG, regardless of the actual stop in Vancouver.)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,AC
Thanks for the quick response.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I must point out that this ambiguity on AA.com is a real issue. Fortunately, this is a case where "common sense" prevails over the letter of AA.com. But in many/most cases, the letter of what AA.com says is indeed what applies (eg paid fare classes on CX not listed really don't earn AA miles, although at least AA.com is now better than it used to be in that it actually lists most [all?] of the excluded fare classes); all too often, FlyerTalkers chide new posters for not checking the letter of AA.com carefully. So ^ to FT for helping sort through when you need to pay careful attention to AA.com and when to ignore it!
JDiver and GTITAN like this.

Last edited by ashill; Feb 11, 2019 at 2:28 pm
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
QR Milage Posting

Searched for an answer, couldn't find anything. Typically how long does it take for QR flights to post? I arrived on Saturday morning, it's now Tuesday and no posting. Is this typical?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:59 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Give it a week. QR posts ranged from 12 hours to almost a week for me.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbuntrock
Searched for an answer, couldn't find anything. Typically how long does it take for QR flights to post? I arrived on Saturday morning, it's now Tuesday and no posting. Is this typical?
Lots of data points in below consolidated QR thread. Look back about a week, a number of us had flights over various days in February that all posted on March 5. It seems QR just does a weekly/monthly credit dump to AA. So to answer your question, yes it's very typical to not see a QR flight post only 3 days after.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thd-47.html
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Definitely takes several days. Don't worry, you will get them soon.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by pbuntrock
Give it 7-10 days, but be aware some Qatar flights haven’t posted for members ever without intervention. Retain your QR boarding passes and ticket numbers in case you have to claim the flights to AA.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm considering booking a One Way ticket in D on Qatar for travel from India back to the US. I've never flown Qatar and want to be sure I get the proper EQM/EQD for my Aadvantage re qualification. Anything to be aware or concerned about?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I'm considering booking a One Way ticket in D on Qatar for travel from India back to the US. I've never flown Qatar and want to be sure I get the proper EQM/EQD for my Aadvantage re qualification. Anything to be aware or concerned about?
Not really, just make sure your AA number is in the reservation and shows on the QR boarding pass (same as any other partner flight). As mentioned above sometimes it can take QR flights a few days to weeks to post.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: CO
Longer posting times for miles from Qatar / QR flight?

My experience has generally been about 2 days after the flights but I’m currently a week out and still no miles. I fly QR J often and credit to AA so seems a bit odd to me. Anyone else with recent experience ? Maybe after my return leg to the US?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by nikbruno
My experience has generally been about 2 days after the flights but I’m currently a week out and still no miles. I fly QR J often and credit to AA so seems a bit odd to me. Anyone else with recent experience ? Maybe after my return leg to the US?
Posting issues with Qatar Airways have been reported for some time. I’d keep my boarding passes and put in a claim once I’m back home.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lots of recent experience over in the dedicated QR thread. For example, a number of us had QR flights throughout February that all posted on the exact same day (Mar. 5). It's basically as if QR does a monthly credit dump of flights to AA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30855096-post695.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.