Wiki Posts
Search

Non Hub City Pairs for Mainline American

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Aa has said they view lhr as a hub
Their corporate fact sheet does not. It lists only their US hubs as being hubs. That being said, what is scary is the claim that AA is the third largest airline at LHR...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Their corporate fact sheet does not. It lists only their US hubs as being hubs. That being said, what is scary is the claim that AA is the third largest airline at LHR...
who's #2 ?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Antarius
who's #2?
Virgin Atlantic?
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by BOSishome
A very small one...

A few off the top of my head:

RDU-LHR
RDU-PIT
RDU-CUN
BOS-SYR
BOS-MDT
BOS-ROC
BOS-PUJ
BOS-CUN
Indeed, none of the domestic flights listed here are mainline.

I struggle to think of any domestic flights that would qualify. My list of hubs is LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, MIA, CLT, DCA, PHL, JFK.

I keep thinking of flights that strike me as unusual or unexpected like DCA-OKC, LAX-SAT, MIA-CMH, LAX-YYZ, etc., but these too are from hubs in any event (and not all mainline).

I tried using AA's route mapper (American Airlines Map) to find mainline non-hub domestic routes (using my list of hubs) and couldn't find any! I tried searching from SEA, BOS, AUS, SAT, DEN, PDX, SFO, STL, RDU, PIT, FLL, TPA, and DTW. Nothing. Can anyone else think of one?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Indeed, none of the domestic flights listed here are mainline.

I struggle to think of any domestic flights that would qualify. My list of hubs is LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, MIA, CLT, DCA, PHL, JFK...Can anyone else think of one?
LGA-MCO; LGA-ATL; LGA-BOS ("AA Shuttle", but technically regular mainline).
platbrownguy and GWFan like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
LGA-MCO; LGA-ATL; LGA-BOS ("AA Shuttle", but technically regular mainline).

LGA has more mainline domestic non-hub than that, per the Flight Map - LGA-CMH, LGA-JAC, LGA-PIT, LGA-RDU, LGA-EGE; though EGE is winter seasonal and JAC is a new summer seasonal.
NYC Flyer and platbrownguy like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by flightrisk
LGA has more mainline domestic non-hub than that, per the Flight Map - LGA-CMH, LGA-JAC, LGA-PIT, LGA-RDU, LGA-EGE; though EGE is winter seasonal and JAC is a new summer seasonal.
My understanding is that AA considers NYC to be a hub ... not just JFK so those would be hub flights.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
My understanding is that AA considers NYC to be a hub ... not just JFK so those would be hub flights.
They do say they have a hub in "New York"...
Indeed, none of the domestic flights listed here are mainline...My list of hubs is LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, MIA, CLT, DCA, PHL, JFK.
...but it's not in this definition.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's surely not many mainline flights out of the ~6,700 AA and American Eagle flights a day.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by electriclarry
What percentage of mainline American Flights do not start or end in a hub?
So I think the answer to OP is .014925373 percent. (1 mainline flight (RDU-LHR) out of 6700 AA flights per day). But I suppose there aren't 6700 mainline flights per day so maybe the percentage is slightly higher.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
LGA is a co terminal I believe to JFK so it would carry status of hub with JFK (unless something's recently changed). DCA is a hub albeit a good portion of it is Eagle although there seems to be some 319 flights to non hubs.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
LGA is a co terminal I believe to JFK so it would carry status of hub with JFK (unless something's recently changed). DCA is a hub albeit a good portion of it is Eagle although there seems to be some 319 flights to non hubs.
DCA has plenty of mainline:
BOS, ORD, DFW, MIA, LAX, PHX, LAS, the majority of CLT, some LGA, MCO, some PHL, some JFK, RSW, TPA, PBI, some JFK, some IND, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by flightrisk
learning that LGA-EGE is a thing is the most valuable purpose this thread has served ^
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:55 pm

learning that LGA-EGE is a thing is the most valuable purpose this thread has served ^
It's been around for ages...there has been EWR-EGE in the past as well on AA.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
It's been around for ages...there has been EWR-EGE in the past as well on AA.
Had no idea. We've flown DCA-JFK-EGE a few times, never noticed an LGA. Good to have the option, though it looks like not many frequencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.