Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Economy MileSAAver availability question! (Chicago-Tokyo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

I plan to travel to Japan from Chicago in July or August. I plan to stay there for about 2 weeks. As of Feb 9th, there are no return flights available with Economy MileSAAver. About a week ago I saw a couple of available dates(Aug 18-19 and the last week of Aug) but now they're all gone.
What are the chances of the new available dates being released later? And do they usually release more Economy MileSAAver avilablability closer to the trip dates?
I normally fly to and from Tokyo in October or November, and have never had any difficulty booking the return Economy MileSAAver flight. But I understand the summer season is different.

Thanks!!!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Award seat release is dynamic and AFAIK influenced by Revenue Management. So, AA might, and might not, release more seats depending on sales, etc.

Do keep an eye on AA and of course on JL, and keep an eye on NRT and HND.

HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance might have some information useful to you in the Wikipost at the top of the page.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:41 am

Just going off your username, but hope you’re back by Aug 22nd! \m/
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
My gut says aa won’t open return for milesaaver, hopefully I’m wrong. Oct is showing availability as of today but that won’t help you. There are a few dates with anytime pricing in the 62.5k range. Perhaps bit the bullet if your dates are immovable. Otherwis3 you are looking at 80k-100k in aug for your return

oct 3 and 4 are the earliest dates saver redemption opens up
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
With that much flexibility and looking for economy class, this should be no problem at all. Highly likely that sAAver options will open up over the next few months.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:25 pm

JAL availability doesn't show up on AA.com, so you might check it too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.