Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Bump Vouchers for Same Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
Multiple Bump Vouchers for Same Flight?

I got a bump voucher (actually moving my three segment flight to two and accelerating my arrival) then got a second one from the flight I was rebooked to (putting me back on my original flight to the final destination but with only one connection). The third flight was also taking volunteers but that seemed like it was going too far, and I needed to get to my destination. But it got me wondering- has anyone ever got three? Four? What’s the record? Come on FT— impress me!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by T. Sanderson
I got a bump voucher (actually moving my three segment flight to two and accelerating my arrival) then got a second one from the flight I was rebooked to (putting me back on my original flight to the final destination but with only one connection). The third flight was also taking volunteers but that seemed like it was going too far, and I needed to get to my destination. But it got me wondering- has anyone ever got three? Four? What’s the record? Come on FT— impress me!
I think I took 4 in a row about 20 years ago on CO out of IAH due to weight restrictions in the summer.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
5 in a row flying LAX to ATL many many years ago
net gain $2200
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My SO got three last fall for the same flight and we're using the funds from those vouchers to go to Tahiti. What was really funny was that in addition to the multiple VDB's he received 15K Aadvantage miles because the flight they moved him to had a mechanical earlier in the day. So, because he was on that flight, they gave him the miles even though he wasn't one of the original passengers who suffered through the mechanical.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA PPro
My best was just 2 but it was $800 both bumps for a total of $1600, 3 meals, a night in a hotel and a great dinner and beverages with my best man...that was 1991...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Just 2, flying (I think) BHM-DTW-CLT on NW in 2006. I was offered a third but turned it down.

In 1996-97 I had my family spend the holidays with me in Orlando. On the return, which was around Jan 4 or so, my parents were offered vouchers AND a night in the airport Hyatt to be bumped to the next day. The next day it was rinse, repeat. So they got four vouchers (back in those days it was for a free flight) plus got to extend their Florida January vacation by a couple of days.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I took 3 twice. The first time was AA out of Denver the Monday after the AFC championship a few years ago. $1500 vouchers. The 2nd was delta last year from Houston. It was the Saturday before spring break week which is notoriously good for oversells. $1800 in AmEx gift cards
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
In the pre-9/11 days, I accompanied my SO to the gate for an international flight. They were looking for volunteers; she offered, and I accompanied her to talk to the GA. Before they realized I wasn't ticketed on the flight, they had promised me a $600 voucher as well, and they decided to honor that promise. I didn't complain! So that's a $600 bump voucher for a flight on which I was never ticketed.
jtav559, MathMusic and GWFan like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:40 am

About 20 years ago LHR-LAX, 5 straight bumps, $4500.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by T. Sanderson
Next we can go for how many got EU 261 compensation for multiple tickets on the same day
I got 2 for 600 Euros each, hotel, transfer, a refund of my BA ticket. and BA paying for the Finnair one way ticket to replace the BA one, and paid for the one way Finnair ticket back, because BA had canceled my return ticket.

Last edited by mvoight; Feb 8, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.