Wiki Posts
Search

New Amenity Kits for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
New Amenity Kits for 2019

Wonder when we will start to see these come across.

Newsroom - American Airlines Leads the Way with New Luxury Amenity Kits - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I hope slowly - the bags the current kits come in are useful.

The contents, not so much. And that won't change.
sm82 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:45 am

The current ones are garbage - once you have a couple of those plastic bags, what's the point? I'm still salty that they gave us J amenity kits in F on my flight the other day.
zpaul, GWFan, krakendown and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Gold.
I liked the prior ones used on Transcon Flagship First from 2017 than the lunch bags of current. But the new International one on the press release does look nice.
chitink likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:00 am

The leather case looks nice. I've been using the plasticy ones as shoe bags when I pack so that's been helpful. I liked the COBigelow products, and maybe these others are nice, but IDK.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I stopped even taking the existing ones.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrSyslogd
I liked the prior ones used on Transcon Flagship First from 2017 than the lunch bags of current. But the new International one on the press release does look nice.
The Intl one looks like the BRIO hard shell ones on QR J.

I personally liked the Intl F Eames dot pattern tablet cases (my mom still uses one) and the heritage series J ones. Those fit a kindle perfectly (and I think my mom and dad use one of those still too)
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thelark
The current ones are garbage - once you have a couple of those plastic bags, what's the point? I'm still salty that they gave us J amenity kits in F on my flight the other day.
Originally Posted by kaydee7
The leather case looks nice. I've been using the plasticy ones as shoe bags when I pack so that's been helpful. I liked the COBigelow products, and maybe these others are nice, but IDK.
I use the current bags for several purposes -
- shoe bag
- dirty laundry bags
- bag for an spare change of clothes in my carry-on

Those bags may not look like much - but they are functional. I am happy to have a stock of them available. The new intl J one pictured doesn't look like it would have much extra function use.

The contents of the amenity kit just end up in the trash - the only thing I use is the disposal toothbrush and toothpaste. AA's amenity kit contents are in general a pointless waste.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I came on F GRU-DFW on Monday and got last year's F Cole Haan bag. I have the return trip, MIA-GRU next week, again on F, waiting to see if I get the new one.
zpaul and chitink like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I stopped even taking the existing ones.
Same here, it's as bad as trade show crap. If AA want's to give a gift, make it something we'd have purchased ourselves. Otherwise, Parker, save your pennies.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bse118
The contents of the amenity kit just end up in the trash - the only thing I use is the disposal toothbrush and toothpaste. AA's amenity kit contents are in general a pointless waste.
Agree. I liked the old QR ones. A pouch that contained socks and shades, and a cologne and aftershave from Giorgio Armani. Both things that I still use and like.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Does AA update their kits every year? I ask because this seems rather sudden compared to the change to the lousy plastic "shoe bags" after less than a year, so maybe they are listening to us. Based on photographs though I'd rather see them return to the rectangular "dopp kit" style.

I will miss the C.O. Bigelow contents though, I was impressed with the lotion and especially the lip balm. I even tried to buy the balm but it isn't available in Lime & Coriander

Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Same here, it's as bad as trade show crap. If AA want's to give a gift, make it something we'd have purchased ourselves. Otherwise, Parker, save your pennies.
Devil's Advocate to "saving pennies" -- Singapore doesn't give out kits in J and they get complaints for it. So yeah, even pennies have the value, I just would rather it be a nickel worth with maybe a toothbrush that lasts more than a single use. Even if it lasted my entire trip (comparable to the toothpaste) I'd be happier.
SouthernCross and Gringa like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
One area I wish AA would copy DL The Tumi kits are nice and quite functional
chitink likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Believe it or not, these old amenity kits do have value -- resale value. I stored ten years of AA international amenity kits in a closet in my Connecticut house after each overseas trip. A few years ago I leased the house, empty of furnishings, and the kits sold for $5 each at my giant yard sale. And they sold quickly. Kind of amazing.
chitink and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chitink
Wonder when we will start to see these come across.

The first one has been on some ex-LAX flights for a while on and off:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.