Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club at JFK | Mystery Room on the Right of Entrance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club at JFK | Mystery Room on the Right of Entrance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Question Admirals Club at JFK | Mystery Room on the Right of Entrance?

I have seen a room inside the Admirals Club in JFK (T8, Concourse C, Across gate 42, 3rd Floor) which is a mystery to me. On the way to check-in, when you get out of the elevator, if you look your right side, you will see an entrance to a room separate from the main entrance of the Admirals club. There is an Admirals Club check-in desk near that door which partially blocks the door. It might be hard to see the entrance if there is a staff on that check-in desk. The door is always wide open. If you take a peak through the door inside the room then you will see restaurant-booth style seating arrangement inside. Anyone know what is it? Is it an invitation only dining room? Or, is it just a dining room for those who wants to order food from the menu and eat quietly? Anyone know?

Tintin
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tintin
I have seen a room inside the Admirals Club in JFK (T8, Concourse C, Across gate 42, 3rd Floor) which is a mystery to me. On the way to check-in, when you get out of the elevator, if you look your right side, you will see an entrance to a room separate from the main entrance of the Admirals club. There is an Admirals Club check-in desk near that door which partially blocks the door. It might be hard to see the entrance if there is a staff on that check-in desk. The door is always wide open. If you take a peak through the door inside the room then you will see restaurant-booth style seating arrangement inside. Anyone know what is it? Is it an invitation only dining room? Or, is it just a dining room for those who wants to order food from the menu and eat quietly? Anyone know?

Tintin
Its the quieter other side of the AC. There is more food and a few computer work spaces.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Tintin

Tintin
It is a smaller, and I think more intimate lounge area that is generally quieter. One would think it would serve as an overflow area, but more often than not I see passengers for European flights sacked out in there, or one on one intense discussions. I have never seen it "loud".
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Is that the Flagship Bridge?
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ge-jfk-review/
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by airmarc
No they are talking the AC in Concourse C. When you enter the lobby to check in, behind you to the left there is a room.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by airmarc
There is no more AC at the FL location (near gate 12 IIRC) now. OP is referring to the other AC.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Thanks everyone. Sounds like this is the ideal place to be in JFK's Admirals Club. Going forward, I will take a right turn instead of walking straight after checking in the lounge. Lets keep the place a secret.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:37 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There is also a copier.
donotblink likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I always go to this part of the club. Much quieter and has almost all of the food amenities as the main lounge room. Plus, it has semi-private relaxation areas where you can put your feet up.
WanderingGent and miles4CDG like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.