Search

Options for AA LAS-EZE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Options for AA LAS-EZE

Greetings,

Planning a trip to Antarctica and there is a group leaving from USH. The tour will provide tickets between EZE and USH, so it's up to me to get flights down to EZE from the States. Looking at different options on AA. I thought that I recently read that AA was starting LAX/EZE on a 787 but haven't been able to find it. The tour leaves in Jan. 2020. Flights now show connections via DFW on a 787, JFK on a 777 and MIA on a 777. Booking in J, is there a preference for the folks that travel there often. Difference of A/C? Looking for the most comfortable way to travel, would consider other airlines as well. TIA.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
LAX-EZE is not a daily flight, probably 135 or something. AA loads schedule 331 days out (around that) so schedules for Jan 2020 has barely loaded.

If I remember correctly EZE used to be a 45J 772 destination it is more likely for your flights to have the Zodiac 772 front and back seats (if you decided to choose the 777/772 option, and there is a very popular thread here comparing the differences between those two seats). However now AA 772s have all been reduced to 37J, so a swap between different seat styles is very possible. Maybe one or two of the MIA or JFK flights are operated by a four class 77W, which I think contains the best AA J seats in the sky. 789 and the other half of 772s have the B/E seats, which are pretty new but the footwell and knee room is a little restrictive for me.

If I were you, I would choose based on the domestic connections. MIA is a 7M8 hub so I would be careful not to book one of those aircrafts domestically. And most importantly, take it easy planning it as there is likely going to be 3-5 schedule changes between now and your flights giving you lots of opportunities to rebook...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'd go with LAS-DFW-EZE, this is the quickest routing with the added bonus of having the shortest flight in domestic first and the longest flight in lie-flat int'l business. And by Jan 2020 there will (hopefully) be a new Flagship Lounge open in DFW to use during your connection.

Last edited by JJeffrey; Feb 6, 2019 at 5:51 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Actually las-lax-Eze would have the shortest domestic F. It’s bookable on 1/1.

Last edited by beachfan; Feb 6, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by beachfan
Actually las-lax-Executive would have the shortest domestic F. It’s bookable on 1/1.
Good point, but it didn't sound like that was an option based on the OP.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:38 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by winston vickers
Greetings,
I thought that I recently read that AA was starting LAX/EZE on a 787 but haven't been able to find it. The tour leaves in Jan. 2020. .
LAX-EZE is M/W/F. This would be the ideal route with the short hop to LAX and the long flight with dinner, and then a good long night's sleep.

JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I'd would do LAS-LAX-JFK-EZE if fare prices (and time) are not outrageously higher (than OP's original itin). OP would enjoy better lounge(s) in LAX, take A321T transcan to Jfk. Good lounges in JFK. On 77W from JFK-EZE.

My assumption of OP's home port being LAS.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:34 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I'd would do LAS-LAX-JFK-EZE if fare prices (and time) are not outrageously higher (than OP's original itin). OP would enjoy better lounge(s) in LAX, take A321T transcan to Jfk. Good lounges in JFK. On 77W from JFK-EZE.
Seems like a lot of extra flying, not to mention adding potential mis-connects with the unnecessary 3rd segment just to enjoy a better lounge product. The JFK-EZE currently is showing a 772 in January 2020. Overall, also a tad more expensive.

14.5 hours end to end

22.5 hours end to end
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I would rather have 8 hours more in BA, either in a bed, or about town, then in any lounge I've ever been to. And that's assuming no misconnects, and that EQMs aren't needed.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
Travelling often Argentina/USA, I prefer to connect through MIA.
There are 2 overnight flights every day, and usually a 3rd daytime flight added certain days around that time of the year.
And also, at least another daily with 4M,: as well as plenty of other options to "get you there" in case anything happens.
Besides, Flagship Lounge is a good place to hang out for a couple of hours.

DFW/EZE is a good bet as well, although normally packed and higher in cost.
LAX/EZE started last December 2018 4x a week as a test, so not sure how it is performing or it will stay. Some rumors say it will go daily later on, but who can tell so much in advance.
JFK/EZE I would avoid. It is a bit tricky around January/February due to weather complications at NYC.
Service in any of them is pretty much the same: since they are all overnight flights, once up in the air, dinner is served and cleared, lights go out for 5/7 hours so you can get some shut eye, and then comes breakfast right as you are approaching BUE. Nothing more, nothing else.

If you are looking for a bargain, Latam Argentina flights (4M) MIA/EZE in J tend to have some good offers - if purchased more than 28 days in advance (just last week they were going for US$1800 return). They fly 767s in 2-2-2/180 lie-flat config and service tends to be better than AA, though planes are a bit dated. One (major) disadvantage is that they fly out of Terminal J in MIA (AA uses D) so coming from LAS you will have go airside and change terminals (quite a long walk between them). Lounge is shared with other Lan/Tam flights (Peru/Chile/Brazil) and it can get very crowded. It's a bit worn out as well, specially compared to AA newer Flagship Lounge.

(A bit off topic.. I've just realized 900/931, historically 77W, are moving to 772. Anyone knows why and when the switch goes into effect? It's sad to loose those J/F seats.. both quality and quantity..)
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdcarg77
Travelling often Argentina/USA, I prefer to connect through MIA.
There are 2 overnight flights every day, and usually a 3rd daytime flight added certain days around that time of the year.
And also, at least another daily with 4M,: as well as plenty of other options to "get you there" in case anything happens.
Besides, Flagship Lounge is a good place to hang out for a couple of hours.

DFW/EZE is a good bet as well, although normally packed and higher in cost.
LAX/EZE started last December 2018 4x a week as a test, so not sure how it is performing or it will stay. Some rumors say it will go daily later on, but who can tell so much in advance.
JFK/EZE I would avoid. It is a bit tricky around January/February due to weather complications at NYC.
Service in any of them is pretty much the same: since they are all overnight flights, once up in the air, dinner is served and cleared, lights go out for 5/7 hours so you can get some shut eye, and then comes breakfast right as you are approaching BUE. Nothing more, nothing else.

If you are looking for a bargain, Latam Argentina flights (4M) MIA/EZE in J tend to have some good offers - if purchased more than 28 days in advance (just last week they were going for US$1800 return). They fly 767s in 2-2-2/180 lie-flat config and service tends to be better than AA, though planes are a bit dated. One (major) disadvantage is that they fly out of Terminal J in MIA (AA uses D) so coming from LAS you will have go airside and change terminals (quite a long walk between them). Lounge is shared with other Lan/Tam flights (Peru/Chile/Brazil) and it can get very crowded. It's a bit worn out as well, specially compared to AA newer Flagship Lounge.

(A bit off topic.. I've just realized 900/931, historically 77W, are moving to 772. Anyone knows why and when the switch goes into effect? It's sad to loose those J/F seats.. both quality and quantity..)
DFW-NRT is gaining 77Ws, I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.