Wiki Posts
Search

2 J sections Boeing 772 DFW-NRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
2 J sections Boeing 772 DFW-NRT

I have an award in a couple of months, DFW-NRT in J on a 777-2 . Almost all of the seats 1-5 (there is one 6) in the first section are taken. None of the seats in the second section 7-10 are. Why? Is there something wrong with those seats? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Maybe because the front cabin is forward of the boarding door, so it is more private being able to settle in without having the whole plane stream past you. Other than that I sat in the back J cabin on a 772 and didn’t have any issues with it.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JBGL
I have an award in a couple of months, DFW-NRT in J on a 777-2 . Almost all of the seats 1-5 (there is one 6) in the first section are taken. None of the seats in the second section 7-10 are. Why? Is there something wrong with those seats? Thanks.
The seats are exactly the same, nothing more than the standard behavior of the flying public to select seats closer to the front first.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The seats are exactly the same, nothing more than the standard behavior of the flying public to select seats closer to the front first.
Only thing i can think of is you are being served meal faster if you are sitting closer to the front.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
The bulkhead seats in the aft J section are fantastic. Snag one.
Antarius and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcatman
The bulkhead seats in the aft J section are fantastic. Snag one.
7A and 7L are great seats.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are two versions of the 772 / 777-200ER.

One has reverse herringbone seats, the other fore and aft seats. Which one are you in? If fore and aft (Zodiac) 7A and 7L or 12A or 12L are about the best seats in the aft cabin, because they’re not subject to motion induced by other seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.