Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Check Regularly for Changes in Schedules, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles

I regularly check My Trips to see if anything has been changed with pending itineraries and it's good that I do so. This morning I discovered that my paid business fare flight from LAX to JFK with a morning departure in May had suddenly become a red eye leaving at 12:30 am. No way! I called the platinum call center and they were able to move me back to a decent morning departure . They explained the change is computer generated, but even at that, you'd think someone would program the computer to know that a midnight departure isn't comparable to a morning departure, at least without first checking with the customer.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
Getting Seat Assignments for BA Code Share

I'm doing a fairly complex trip to Europe, all in business and first, that will require a BA code share from CDG to LHR and then back onto AA for a return to the U.S. The AA system couldn't do a seat assignment for the BA segment which is understandable, so I went to the BA web site. What I learned by trial and error is that BA couldn't find my itinerary with any of the AA locator materials, but when I did a search using my name and BA's flight number (not AA's code share flight number), the BA computer quickly found my itinerary, had a different locator number for their segment and then allowed me to select a seat. Which a few hours later showed up in my AA itinerary as well. Something for others to keep in mind if they likewise have trouble getting a seat on a BA code share.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I believe AA firmed up their May schedules this past weekend. I had a schedule change that I was able to use to my advantage. Never received an e-mail about the schedule change though.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200
I'm doing a fairly complex trip to Europe, all in business and first, that will require a BA code share from CDG to LHR and then back onto AA for a return to the U.S. The AA system couldn't do a seat assignment for the BA segment which is understandable, so I went to the BA web site. What I learned by trial and error is that BA couldn't find my itinerary with any of the AA locator materials, but when I did a search using my name and BA's flight number (not AA's code share flight number), the BA computer quickly found my itinerary, had a different locator number for their segment and then allowed me to select a seat. Which a few hours later showed up in my AA itinerary as well. Something for others to keep in mind if they likewise have trouble getting a seat on a BA code share.
You can also call AA and ask then for your BA booking code which uses a different format.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200
The AA record locator is a Sabre record locator, where BA is in Amadeus. So the BA locator is an Amadeus locator.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I had one last year. I think I was on a 3:45 departure PHL-LAX-LAS, a trip I regularly book because they fly an A330 on the PHL-LAX leg. The PHL-LAX flight changed by 5 or 10 minutes, and they moved me to a 1:00PM departure. I don't remember the exact time change but it was small, and didn't involve a possible missed connection. I got moved back to my original flight.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I believe AA firmed up their May schedules this past weekend. I had a schedule change that I was able to use to my advantage. Never received an e-mail about the schedule change though.
I received my May flight change email at 7:23 p.m. CST today. I noticed the change this morning as I regularly review my itineraries but didn't get the change email until tonight.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
AA does not seem to be on top of things. I have a J award ticket for May, booked through AA, that involves/involved several partners (AS, AY). AS changed their schedule leading to a misconnect, and a couple of weeks after the fact AA had not rebooked. I eventually called them to rebook on AA. Last weekend the AA flight I was rebooked on was rescheduled to leave 3 hours earlier, leading to another misconnect. Not a peep nor a rebooking. I will need to call them, I guess (and be on hold for a lot longer than the time they say it is going to take...). Not very customer friendly.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Remember the key here is to look out for yourself and don’t expect AA to take care of it
learned my lesson several years ago
chitink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.