FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Check Regularly for Changes in Schedules, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1954770-check-regularly-changes-schedules-etc.html)

RoadWarrior200 Feb 5, 2019 1:01 pm

Check Regularly for Changes in Schedules, etc.

I regularly check My Trips to see if anything has been changed with pending itineraries and it's good that I do so. This morning I discovered that my paid business fare flight from LAX to JFK with a morning departure in May had suddenly become a red eye leaving at 12:30 am. No way! I called the platinum call center and they were able to move me back to a decent morning departure . They explained the change is computer generated, but even at that, you'd think someone would program the computer to know that a midnight departure isn't comparable to a morning departure, at least without first checking with the customer.

RoadWarrior200 Feb 5, 2019 1:09 pm

Getting Seat Assignments for BA Code Share

I'm doing a fairly complex trip to Europe, all in business and first, that will require a BA code share from CDG to LHR and then back onto AA for a return to the U.S. The AA system couldn't do a seat assignment for the BA segment which is understandable, so I went to the BA web site. What I learned by trial and error is that BA couldn't find my itinerary with any of the AA locator materials, but when I did a search using my name and BA's flight number (not AA's code share flight number), the BA computer quickly found my itinerary, had a different locator number for their segment and then allowed me to select a seat. Which a few hours later showed up in my AA itinerary as well. Something for others to keep in mind if they likewise have trouble getting a seat on a BA code share.

Cledaybuck Feb 5, 2019 1:25 pm

I believe AA firmed up their May schedules this past weekend. I had a schedule change that I was able to use to my advantage. Never received an e-mail about the schedule change though.

FAA1996 Feb 5, 2019 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200 (Post 30742902)
I'm doing a fairly complex trip to Europe, all in business and first, that will require a BA code share from CDG to LHR and then back onto AA for a return to the U.S. The AA system couldn't do a seat assignment for the BA segment which is understandable, so I went to the BA web site. What I learned by trial and error is that BA couldn't find my itinerary with any of the AA locator materials, but when I did a search using my name and BA's flight number (not AA's code share flight number), the BA computer quickly found my itinerary, had a different locator number for their segment and then allowed me to select a seat. Which a few hours later showed up in my AA itinerary as well. Something for others to keep in mind if they likewise have trouble getting a seat on a BA code share.

You can also call AA and ask then for your BA booking code which uses a different format.

clbish Feb 5, 2019 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200 (Post 30742902)

The AA record locator is a Sabre record locator, where BA is in Amadeus. So the BA locator is an Amadeus locator.

redtop43 Feb 5, 2019 5:49 pm

I had one last year. I think I was on a 3:45 departure PHL-LAX-LAS, a trip I regularly book because they fly an A330 on the PHL-LAX leg. The PHL-LAX flight changed by 5 or 10 minutes, and they moved me to a 1:00PM departure. I don't remember the exact time change but it was small, and didn't involve a possible missed connection. I got moved back to my original flight.

controller1 Feb 5, 2019 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 30742981)
I believe AA firmed up their May schedules this past weekend. I had a schedule change that I was able to use to my advantage. Never received an e-mail about the schedule change though.

I received my May flight change email at 7:23 p.m. CST today. I noticed the change this morning as I regularly review my itineraries but didn't get the change email until tonight.

PHXflier Feb 5, 2019 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 30742981)

AA does not seem to be on top of things. I have a J award ticket for May, booked through AA, that involves/involved several partners (AS, AY). AS changed their schedule leading to a misconnect, and a couple of weeks after the fact AA had not rebooked. I eventually called them to rebook on AA. Last weekend the AA flight I was rebooked on was rescheduled to leave 3 hours earlier, leading to another misconnect. Not a peep nor a rebooking. I will need to call them, I guess (and be on hold for a lot longer than the time they say it is going to take...). Not very customer friendly.

fotographer Feb 5, 2019 10:43 pm

Remember the key here is to look out for yourself and don’t expect AA to take care of it
learned my lesson several years ago