Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lap infant on AA partner award ticket in J

Lap infant on AA partner award ticket in J

Old Feb 7, 19, 5:07 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Super helpful! Many thanks for sharing this!
Old Feb 27, 19, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Here is something else, but since the title of the thread corresponds, I thought it's not worth opening a new thread.

Last year I redeemed AA miles for the following RT which will happen in July 2019.

GVA-AUH-MLE with EY
and
MLE-DOH-GVA with QR on the way back.

Starting this week I've been trying to add a lap INFANT to my tickets without any luck.
To be short, here is why nobody can do it:

- AA can't issue the infant ticket because neither QR nor EY have revenue fare for "GVA-MLE" which allows AA to sell it.
- Both QR and EY can't sell me the infant ticket because my ticket is a 001 (=AA) ticket and they don't have hands on it.

Right now, a supervisors team from AA is on my case, they apparently are really willing to help me out of this weird situation, but they told me since QR and EY are not really cooperating, it doesn't look great for me.

After AA respond, if negative, I'll try a forth time getting in touch with QR and EY by stating what's written in this thread: INF ticket on same PNR, but on QR/EY e-ticket number.

Before that, does someone have had any similar experience or has any ideas/clues to sort this thing out. I'd never thought an INF ticket could be such a hassle.
Old Feb 27, 19, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is an unfortunate effect of the removal of YY fares

AA cannot do much other than ask EY and QR if it will sell the ticket. Even the most expensive QR and EY fares have sales restrictions that do not permit sale of ticket by AA

In most cases I have come acronss, airlines will refuse to sell an infant ticket other than in conjunction with a ticket it has sold. I have managed to get QF and CX to do it before, but generally seems to get a no when asked

If QR and EY stick with what seems to be their norms, you may have an issue getting an infant without seat ticket
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
If QR and EY stick with what seems to be their norms, you may have an issue getting an infant without seat ticket
An AA representative also told me at a final recourse, I could go to the EY desk in GVA! Sometimes at the airports they can do miracles. But that's definitely not the way to go with a whole family.
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Artemio View Post
After AA respond, if negative, I'll try a forth time getting in touch with QR and EY by stating what's written in this thread: INF ticket on same PNR, but on QR/EY e-ticket number.
FYI @Artemio: for mine, CX issued a new tickt on their stock and the PNR matched *their* PNR (partner PNR) not AA PNR. The infant is nowhere to be seen on the AA PNR. AA can't even see it. Wanted to clarify that.
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:09 pm

Something else which comes to my mind right now.
How easy difficult is it to convince EY and QR to open 1 award seat for each segment so that I can book one more seat?
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by griffingrowl View Post
FYI @Artemio: for mine, CX issued a new tickt on their stock and the PNR matched *their* PNR (partner PNR) not AA PNR. The infant is nowhere to be seen on the AA PNR. AA can't even see it. Wanted to clarify that.
thx a lot for clarification, it may help
Old Feb 27, 19, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How easy difficult is it to convince EY and QR to open 1 award seat for each segment so that I can book one more seat?
Ummm - let's go with a probability of 0

"I want you to open up award availability so that I can book an award seat" - I can see how that will go
Old Feb 27, 19, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
You should have an ExpertFlyer alert set for EY availability though
Old Feb 28, 19, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Ummm - let's go with a probability of 0

"I want you to open up award availability so that I can book an award seat" - I can see how that will go
I was thinking asking this after all scenarii were tried and the situation explained... I can recall here on FT a member having an award seat opened after being in an unfortunate situation, but can't remember why, how, which airline, etc.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
You should have an ExpertFlyer alert set for EY availability though
Alerts set (unfortunately not for the QR segments, will keep checking every once in a while on BA), thanks a lot for the hint.
Old Mar 18, 19, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, UA Silver
Update .. this worked just fine. No issues with AA check-in at JFK or CX. AA was even able to check bags all the way through and issue the CX and INF boarding passes.
aisleorwindow likes this.