Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First Class Seats on A321 / 321 Pre-Oasis LUS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The Airbus A321-200 aircraft previously operated by US Airways is listed as 321 by IATA and American Airlines.

Seat configuration is F16, Y171 - of which 15 seats are MCE, mostly exit row.

First class seats are said to be 21” wide and offer 36” seat pitch, according to SeatGuru.

These are currently configured without power in most seats, other than 1A. In Flight Entertainment is served from an onboard WiFi server for play on your own device. WiFi is mostly cellular ATG4 from GoGo, with a few aircraft fitted with Viasat Ka-band satellite based WiFi.

Link to SeatGuru seat chart for this (unretrofitted) aircraft.

Link to AA (unofficial) Fleet site page on this aircraft.

All of these aircraft will be reconfigured to MiQ seats in First Class with 37” pitch, with F16 (36” pitch), Meridians in Y171 including 18 MCE (187 total seat count). They will have power, though possibly not at every Y seat.

Print Wikipost

First Class Seats on A321 / 321 Pre-Oasis LUS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
1F is my go-to on these and all AA A321s as I can sneak out to lav without asking seatmate to get up (as noted by someone prior) but also prefer F because there’s less light from galley. FAs essentially never pull the curtain and that may be an issue for some on a red eye.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by JDiver
You’re right, there isn’t one. Thank you for pointing that out.We’ve purposed this thread for discussion of LUS A321 (pre-Oasis) First/Business seating.

there are plans to oasis A321 aircraft? I had read that the new 321neo would go for the denser config and I lose 11E as my fav seat in Y, but are there plans to retrofit oasis layouts in existing LUS A321 aircraft ala the 737? I may have to rethink my SAN-CLT redeye flights for later this year if so.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

there are plans to oasis A321 aircraft? I had read that the new 321neo would go for the denser config and I lose 11E as my fav seat in Y, but are there plans to retrofit oasis layouts in existing LUS A321 aircraft ala the 737? I may have to rethink my SAN-CLT redeye flights for later this year if so.
yes. I'm more upset about the LAA ones than the LUS - the lack of power is a PITA.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
I flew a much older LUS A321 yesterday, and was pretty sure there was a small cutout. I was in 1C
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

Yep, AFAIK will finish refitting in 2021 sometime. The A321s and 737-800s are to be densified.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 29, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

I went for the compromise. If I want to nap and want to stretch my legs then the red eye to CLT will go into row 2. And just to compare we will choose row 1 for the leg to DFW.
Thanks all for your thoughtful input. Highly appreciated,
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I have a future flight on one of these planes (PHL-SFO) and assigned myself 1A, mostly because of the power outlet. Is it a 110V, just USB, or one of those old empower things? Not super-thrilled about the bulkhead, although it looks like rows 2-4 are pretty tight if the person in front of you reclines, so maybe not so bad.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I have a future flight on one of these planes (PHL-SFO) and assigned myself 1A, mostly because of the power outlet. Is it a 110V, just USB, or one of those old empower things? Not super-thrilled about the bulkhead, although it looks like rows 2-4 are pretty tight if the person in front of you reclines, so maybe not so bad.
LUS A321s do not have power outlets, even in First. If the times work for you, try switching to AA 680 which is an A332 with lie-flat seats and power in First.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by mangoMan
It’s a regular socket like at home (with the ground pin). 115v AC. I believe it’s for the vacuum cleaner, when cleaning the plane.

Originally Posted by bridge29
LUS A321s do not have power outlets, even in First. If the times work for you, try switching to AA 680 which is an A332 with lie-flat seats and power in First.
See above.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:55 am

I believe the power outlet mangoMan is referring to is a single outlet near the floor on the wall of the plane, only by seat 1A, and not general power for the plane. I have only seen it on the LUS A321. It is actually a power outlet for the cleaning crew to plug in the vacuums. Not going to comment on how often planes are actually vacuumed. I also believe that outlet is 110V, but 400Hz. While that is probably ok for most chargers that create a DC current, I would be careful what you plug in there.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by bridge29
If the times work for you, try switching to AA 680 which is an A332 with lie-flat seats and power in First.
I am connecting from a LHR-PHL flight and can't make the earlier A332 flight. This is on an award ticket, too.

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
I also believe that outlet is 110V, but 400Hz. While that is probably ok for most chargers that create a DC current, I would be careful what you plug in there.
I want to plug in my laptop.
Edit: After Googling I found that many airliners do have utility power outlets (not for pax) that are at 400 Hz (as opposed to standard 60 Hz) that crew sometimes use to charge devices. It is debatable how safe this is - I am not going to plug in my laptop. I'll have to hope my battery lasts long enough to watch a movie using AA's streaming service.

Last edited by mangoMan; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.