Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2011-2015 AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The current thread for the LUS Airbus A330-300 is here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2011-2015 AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by richinaz
Are there any lounges available for US Airways Envoy fliers? (I also have the US Airways Club membership and am Star Gold). I've asked this on a few different sites and haven't had any good answers.
richinaz,

A published benefit of Envoy is "Day-of-departure access to the Envoy Lounge in Philadelphia and all US Airways Clubs"

So you will have access to all clubs on your connecting flights (although you already have a club membership). There is no dedicated Envoy lounge at CLT so its access to the C/D club with drink coupons for "premium" drinks.

At LGW, on your way back, you will revive an "invite" at check in to grant you access to the "No1 Lounge" if you are flying Envoy, which is described here

http://www.no1traveller.com/gatwick-...nges-south.htm

I don't think there is a *Gold lounge if you happen to be in coach. Hope this helps!
Old May 3, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by limabean767
richinaz,

A published benefit of Envoy is "Day-of-departure access to the Envoy Lounge in Philadelphia and all US Airways Clubs"

So you will have access to all clubs on your connecting flights (although you already have a club membership). There is no dedicated Envoy lounge at CLT so its access to the C/D club with drink coupons for "premium" drinks.

At LGW, on your way back, you will revive an "invite" at check in to grant you access to the "No1 Lounge" if you are flying Envoy, which is described here

http://www.no1traveller.com/gatwick-...nges-south.htm

I don't think there is a *Gold lounge if you happen to be in coach. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I would have access to the No 1 lounge (although it is possible someone told me previously and I forgot about it, things have been a bit hectic lately).
Old May 3, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
My personal recommendations:

- Row 1, A or H if you can. More room and less accidental bumping.

- Get the express meal when going east. Gives you more time for sleep.

- I recommend Ambien but if you're not for it, don't do it.

- Earplugs and an eye mask helps me a lot.

HTSC
Old May 3, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I would have access to the No 1 lounge (although it is possible someone told me previously and I forgot about it, things have been a bit hectic lately).
Envoy will definitely get you into the No 1 Lounge. US Club membership or Star Gold will not. It isn't a published benefit, but I've also been invited to the lounge every time I've flown for my US status (Chairman). Not sure if they do the same for Gold or Platinum or not (since its an unpublished benefit).
Old May 4, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: US CP
As it's been said many times in the past, row 1 does have one negative; no air vent, so if the cabin is being run warm, you're sunk, and sitting at the gate when the AC is off can get mighty hot when it's sunny and hot outside.
Old May 7, 2011, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I'd stay away from the last few rows of coach since the legroom is less there. Hopefully that'll improve when the 330's are reconfigured with the new interior.

Jim
Yep, had the misfortune once from FRA-PHL. Pure misery for 9 hours in the aisle seat which had minimal legroom due to the curvature of the fuselage. Will never do that again.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Sally4th
As it's been said many times in the past, row 1 does have one negative; no air vent, so if the cabin is being run warm, you're sunk, and sitting at the gate when the AC is off can get mighty hot when it's sunny and hot outside.
Right, but if you get a nice crew, it's worth asking since they can lower the temperature.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
On both legs clt-lgw lgw-clt it was far from warm. Quite cold returning today and on the 5th it was cool. Definitely had no too warm issues. We had 1gh both ways.

Had a wacky incident with the fa which I'll post after getting some sleep.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: US Chairman, BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Timing of 333 cabin refurbishment

Does anybody have any additional insight as to when the A333 cabin improvements are scheduled to begin? My understanding from reading the latest comments from Parker/Kirby is that the first ship goes in for reconfiguration in September and the full fleet will be in service with the new Envoy by May 2012. Will the reconfigurations be done uniformily over that period, with one updated aircraft entering service per month?

Also, is it premature to speculate as to how US will schedule the updated 333s during this interim period? I recall for the 332 that they prioritized LHR, CDG, and TLV for the new configuration barring unforseen operational changes.

I'm flying Envoy in November to/from LGW and am trying to set expectations as to how good the chances of having a reconfigured A333 will be!
Old May 20, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: None
Basically nobody here knows. Over the winter is when all the ETOPS airplanes go in for their heavier maintenance checks, so the A332's and 757's will also be going in for maintenance. Whether US does the A333 upgrades sequentially or they're interspersed with the A332's and 757 is anybody's guess.

Jim
Old May 22, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: USairways, United, Hilton, Marriott
CP gets access without Envoy

I flew to europe last year - didn't get an Envoy upgrade, but they let me in the A-lounge as a CP.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:50 am

Picking seat in A330-300, envoy, transatlantic

Booked flight in 333 for next June (PHL-FCO). Not really sure if it'll be upgraded to the new envoy suite (any opinions?) but I chose seats anyway under the 2-2-2 config.

I chose row 1 which according to seatguru is a lie-flat sleeper seat. Seatguru also says there is a fee but there was nothing mentioned when booking the seat through US Air's site. Am I good to go here, or will I need to pay to keep the seat?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Next June US will switch the equipment to B757 on PHL-FCO route.

j/k

No you wont have to pay extra if you were able to select your seat already.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
How do you know when they will switch out to the new envoy on each route?

I am stuck in the A330-300, albeit 1st row PHL-MAD in Oct, then the 757 envoy product LIS-PHL on the return trip.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Look below my answer.
j/k = just kidding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.