Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business class LAX-HNL. Which miles to use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class LAX-HNL. Which miles to use?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:22 am

are you sure you’re going to be able to find saver J award inventory that makes Avios even an option?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Colin
are you sure you’re going to be able to find saver J award inventory that makes Avios even an option?
I found availability in business BEFORE I asked a question. So, I was sure.
The problem arose as later I discovered that the business class seats on AA flights (at least the ones I looked at) are essentially useless to spend so much miles for. They are not lie-flat as I thought. I found videos of them and it looks pathetic. They do not have to be lie flat literally, could have been almost 180 degrees...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:04 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ellylex
I found availability in business BEFORE I asked a question. So, I was sure.
The problem arose as later I discovered that the business class seats on AA flights (at least the ones I looked at) are essentially useless to spend so much miles for. They are not lie-flat as I thought. I found videos of them and it looks pathetic. They do not have to be lie flat literally, could have been almost 180 degrees...
Pathetic, yes, but the options between LAX and HNL aren't much better on other carriers. Hawaiian offers all lie-flat to HNL, and Delta and United each have one daily rotation with lie-flat seats both with outdated older seats. Remaining flights are generally domestic US recliners. Better than Club Europe but I'm not sure worth spending the extra Avios. With an exit row seat the A321 is a nice enough ride to Hawaii.
ellylex likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by dll
... With an exit row seat the A321 is a nice enough ride to Hawaii.
Exit row is available for purchase, and I don't mind paying the fee. Correct me if I am wrong - the seat doesn't recline? I do need a recline first of all, and then more legroom.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:23 am

Hawaiian Air flat bed for ~$600 each way
FYI, while HA mostly only releases A1 on ex-LAX flat beds, simultaneous purchase in two browsers does ticket both at HA own website
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ellylex
Correct me if I am wrong - the seat doesn't recline?
The exit rows on the A321S/A321H have full recline (well, economy recline, not quite as much as the recline in F). The only rows with limited recline on the current configuration are rows 10 and 23, which are located ahead of the exit doors, and row 21 on the right side and row 36 which have walls behind them. The absolute best coach seats on the LAA version of the A321S/H are 12F, 25A and 25F.
ellylex and moondog like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.