Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The current thread can be read here.

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship Dining Changes, Renovations & Additions
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; print wiki content with (lower right wiki corner)

On 17 February 2016 American Airlines announced a number of additions and implied possible access changes. Link.

Link to aa.com page listing lounge updates. (DEACTIVATED)

NOTES:: Day Pass sales have been suspended at airports with Admirals Clubs under renovation.

Thirty day memberships ceased to be available 25 Jul 2016.

Read the newest posts for updated information.

Admirals Club, Flagship, Arrivals Lounges and Flagship First Dining

CLT Concourse B Club to be closed “soon” (As of June 2018) for renovation.. Link.

DFW Terminal D Club CLOSED for refurbishment, Dining closed, interim Premium passenger lounge open ~7 Apr 2018. New Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open (perhaps in 18-24 months?) See this thread.

DFW Terminal A Club OPEN again as of 7 April 2018.

DFW Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Dining CLOSED 7 Apr 2018.

DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge above D36 OPEN 7 Apr 2018. (NOTE: only open to eligible International Premium cabin passengers, not Admirals Club members.)

SEE DFW Admirals Club Terminal D 7 Apr 2018 Closure for Extensive Changes

Current Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining Lounges
: Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) renewed.

London (LHR) and New York (JFK) Flagship Lounges recently renewed.

Flagship Lounge Additions, Club Renovations and Flagship Dining expansion and access changes:

During renovations and prior to new rules allowing longhaul international Business, EP, PPro and Plat passengers to access Flagship Lounges, some will temporarily be renamed "International First Class Lounge".
  • Chicago (ORD): H6-K6 Renovations (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) over
  • Chicago (ORD): The new Admirals Club at Concourse L opened 27 Nov 2016.

• Dallas - FT. Worth (DFW): Terminal "D” Flagship Lounge / oneworld Airlines Premium Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open ~2019 .

• Los Angeles (LAX): Renovation (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) complete. T5 lounge open in old Delta Sky Club space.[/b]

• London (LHR): Arrivals Lounge recently renovated; reopened 3 Aug 2016 with enhanced breakfast, expanded hours and 29 shower suites.

• Miami (MIA): D30 Flagship Lounge renovation is finished (Club portionclosed?), D15 Renovation is finished, restrooms, children's room, business center all open; D30 new Flagship Lounge with 6 nice big showers, Arepa station, buffet and more is open ; Flagship Dining open.

• New York (JFK): B12 Club closed for renovation (temporary lounge open on mezzanine bridge or use C42 Club); Flagship First Dining opened 25 May 2017. First Class Lounge renovation completed 8 Dec 2016 and Flagship Lounge name restored.

• Philadelphia (PHL): New Flagship Lounge scheduled - A West Club Gates A15/A16.

• Rio de Janeiro (GIG) Renovation completed 4 Aug 2016.
Closures (2015): Clubs were closed at Buffalo (BUF) and San Juan (SJU) in 2015.

Access changes from AA
  • Flagship Lounge access AA: Starting in mid 2017, Flagship Lounge access is extended to customers booked in Business and First Class on A321T three class transcon, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific and deep South American flights, as well as EXP/EMD, PPRO & PLAT/SAP on qualifying flights in any class of service.

See and discuss in Expanded Access to Flagship Lounge Coming "in Spring 2017"

• Flagship First Dining access: First Class customers on American’s 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive access to FlagshipSM Dining in 2017.

(This has put Flagship Dining into a category similar to the BA Concorde Room and a few other lounges - not oneworld lounges, restricted to long haul Flagship (three class) First passengers on AA marketed and operated flights only.)

• Admirals Club access: No announced or predicted access changes.
However, thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016, and One Day Pass cost has increased to $59. Annual Club memberships increased in price in 2016.

Link to View from the Wing article

[/color]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TWA884
Yes, the T4 club is still closed; it's not schedule to reopen until November at the earliest. The T5 club is very nice.

There is up to date information in the following thread:
Search is our friend but still couldn't find that thread.

Sitt'n in the T5 AC now. Not that impressed. Not impressed at all actually. Was here a lot when it was a DL SC and didn't find it that great then. It just seems like they switched out the seats with AC ones and, while not uncomfortable, don't really look in place. At least it has OK snack offerings.

Traffic in LAX was the worst I've ever seen it! It's not even a holiday.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Search is our friend but still couldn't find that thread.

Sitt'n in the T5 AC now. Not that impressed. Not impressed at all actually. Was here a lot when it was a DL SC and didn't find it that great then. It just seems like they switched out the seats with AC ones and, while not uncomfortable, don't really look in place. At least it has OK snack offerings.

Traffic in LAX was the worst I've ever seen it! It's not even a holiday.
That LAX traffic is a norm now so get used to it....at least T5 has the short cut so you can bypass TBIT and T4 drop offs.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Has anyone been to Miami recently and know the status of showers and the flagship lounge?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by conklaven
Has anyone been to Miami recently and know the status of showers and the flagship lounge?
FWIW, the email from AA this morning stated "sometime this year" wrt opening the MIA Flagship Lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by conklaven
Was in the MIA D15 lounge this morning after a red-eye and used a shower.

The lounge was one of the nicer-looking AC's I've been to. It didn't seem drab like others have been. Food offerings were typical AC morning fare.

The shower room looked nice, had thick towels and the typical amenities like shampoo and a blow dryer. What I didn't like was the shower low water pressure and un-even spout. My shower would've been at least a couple of minutes shorter if it weren for this.

Overall i I like the MIA D15 lounge.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Sep 29, 2017 at 7:55 pm Reason: ce
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was in the MIA D15 lounge this morning after a red-eye and used a shower.

The lounge was one of the nicer-looking AC's I've been to. It didn't seem drab like others have been. Food offerings were typical AC morning fare.

The shower room looked nice, had thick towels and the typical amenities like shampoo and a blow dryer. What I didn't like was the shower low water pressure and un-even spout. My shower would've been at least a couple of minutes shorter if it weren for this.

Overall i I like the MIA D15 lounge.
thanks! Main concern is a working shower and I had read that they were all closed. Good to know that is not the case.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Will be flying through MIA this weekend. Will try to find out as much as I can, and report back.
Teemuflyer, did you get a chance to ask about the opening date for MIA flagship?
thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by badgersfly
Teemuflyer, did you get a chance to ask about the opening date for MIA flagship?
thanks!
Afraid I didn't get any good answers on that one. On the other hand, the D15 lounge was nice enough, and the food spread seemed a little more extensive than I've come accustomed to at ACs, so I guess that is a step forward.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
For what it’s worth, I visited the H/K ORD lounge today and asked the agent at club check in if they had any idea when the renovations would be complete. She stated they are hearing sometime next week the whole floor should be finished. Hope she is right, we’ll see.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
For what it’s worth, I visited the H/K ORD lounge today and asked the agent at club check in if they had any idea when the renovations would be complete. She stated they are hearing sometime next week the whole floor should be finished. Hope she is right, we’ll see.
Do you know what's going to happen to the old Flagship Lounge at ORD?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Any recent visits to the new IAH lounge? I believe it's open now. Current travel schedule will have me down there during the week, returning on Friday evenings. Hence, I hope there's a decent bar there... and guacamole
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Do you know what's going to happen to the old Flagship Lounge at ORD?
No idea on that and I didn’t even think to ask. If I remember I’ll ask the next time I’m in.

You’ve probably heard, but the new Flagship lounge is currently open on the second floor of the H/K club right below the standard Admirals Club.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:18 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I was sorely disappointed to see that the ORD H/K lounge put in a "quiet area", which is right behind the bar (aka the NOISIEST place in the entire lounge), and has NO DOOR! Who's bright idea was that?

Please please PLEASE tell me this is only temporary and that there will be an enclosed quiet area like in the days before the renovation!?!?!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Any recent visits to the new IAH lounge? I believe it's open now. Current travel schedule will have me down there during the week, returning on Friday evenings. Hence, I hope there's a decent bar there... and guacamole
The IAH AC is a real winner. Excellent staff and facility. However, no guacamole.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
The IAH AC is a real winner. Excellent staff and facility. However, no guacamole.
I was there Monday afternoon (just before the guac hours) and Wednesday morning and agree. Saw no signs of guac but the staff was great. It is a small club and, unless something has changed, it has no kitchen so you are limited to the snacks. They may have a few pre-made items for sale. They were looking for a contractor to get food from a few months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.