Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The current thread can be read here.

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship Dining Changes, Renovations & Additions
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; print wiki content with (lower right wiki corner)

On 17 February 2016 American Airlines announced a number of additions and implied possible access changes. Link.

Link to aa.com page listing lounge updates. (DEACTIVATED)

NOTES:: Day Pass sales have been suspended at airports with Admirals Clubs under renovation.

Thirty day memberships ceased to be available 25 Jul 2016.

Read the newest posts for updated information.

Admirals Club, Flagship, Arrivals Lounges and Flagship First Dining

CLT Concourse B Club to be closed “soon” (As of June 2018) for renovation.. Link.

DFW Terminal D Club CLOSED for refurbishment, Dining closed, interim Premium passenger lounge open ~7 Apr 2018. New Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open (perhaps in 18-24 months?) See this thread.

DFW Terminal A Club OPEN again as of 7 April 2018.

DFW Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Dining CLOSED 7 Apr 2018.

DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge above D36 OPEN 7 Apr 2018. (NOTE: only open to eligible International Premium cabin passengers, not Admirals Club members.)

SEE DFW Admirals Club Terminal D 7 Apr 2018 Closure for Extensive Changes

Current Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining Lounges
: Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) renewed.

London (LHR) and New York (JFK) Flagship Lounges recently renewed.

Flagship Lounge Additions, Club Renovations and Flagship Dining expansion and access changes:

During renovations and prior to new rules allowing longhaul international Business, EP, PPro and Plat passengers to access Flagship Lounges, some will temporarily be renamed "International First Class Lounge".
  • Chicago (ORD): H6-K6 Renovations (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) over
  • Chicago (ORD): The new Admirals Club at Concourse L opened 27 Nov 2016.

• Dallas - FT. Worth (DFW): Terminal "D” Flagship Lounge / oneworld Airlines Premium Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club to open ~2019 .

• Los Angeles (LAX): Renovation (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) complete. T5 lounge open in old Delta Sky Club space.[/b]

• London (LHR): Arrivals Lounge recently renovated; reopened 3 Aug 2016 with enhanced breakfast, expanded hours and 29 shower suites.

• Miami (MIA): D30 Flagship Lounge renovation is finished (Club portionclosed?), D15 Renovation is finished, restrooms, children's room, business center all open; D30 new Flagship Lounge with 6 nice big showers, Arepa station, buffet and more is open ; Flagship Dining open.

• New York (JFK): B12 Club closed for renovation (temporary lounge open on mezzanine bridge or use C42 Club); Flagship First Dining opened 25 May 2017. First Class Lounge renovation completed 8 Dec 2016 and Flagship Lounge name restored.

• Philadelphia (PHL): New Flagship Lounge scheduled - A West Club Gates A15/A16.

• Rio de Janeiro (GIG) Renovation completed 4 Aug 2016.
Closures (2015): Clubs were closed at Buffalo (BUF) and San Juan (SJU) in 2015.

Access changes from AA
  • Flagship Lounge access AA: Starting in mid 2017, Flagship Lounge access is extended to customers booked in Business and First Class on A321T three class transcon, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific and deep South American flights, as well as EXP/EMD, PPRO & PLAT/SAP on qualifying flights in any class of service.

See and discuss in Expanded Access to Flagship Lounge Coming "in Spring 2017"

• Flagship First Dining access: First Class customers on American’s 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive access to FlagshipSM Dining in 2017.

(This has put Flagship Dining into a category similar to the BA Concorde Room and a few other lounges - not oneworld lounges, restricted to long haul Flagship (three class) First passengers on AA marketed and operated flights only.)

• Admirals Club access: No announced or predicted access changes.
However, thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016, and One Day Pass cost has increased to $59. Annual Club memberships increased in price in 2016.

Link to View from the Wing article

[/color]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2016-2017 Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge & Dining Changes, Renovations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I did receive a courtesy email this weekend from AA reminding me of the renovations at the AC MIA at D30, still... wow, what a dump. It's been a few years since I've used that lounge, but it smells like a wet mop. Briefly thought about trekking over to E, but leaving from D33 dissuaded us of that undertaking. The new renovations cannot come quickly enough.
Visited the D15 Admirals Club at MIA on July 5.

Wow.......nice.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I did receive a courtesy email this weekend from AA reminding me of the renovations at the AC MIA at D30, still... wow, what a dump. It's been a few years since I've used that lounge, but it smells like a wet mop. Briefly thought about trekking over to E, but leaving from D33 dissuaded us of that undertaking. The new renovations cannot come quickly enough.
D33 is actually not that far from the MIA-E lounge.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
D33 is actually not that far from the MIA-E lounge.
That's what I was thinking. D33 is close to the airside connector from D to E. Not a long walk at all to the E lounge.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jcatman
Visited the D15 Admirals Club at MIA on July 5.

Wow.......nice.
Agreed, we were at that lounge this past Tuesday and I was pleasantly surprised. We went there seeking refuge from the increasingly sad and way over crowded Amex Centurion lounge. I didn't think I'd see the day I'd walk into an Admiral's Club and realize it was a far more pleasant experience than the Centurion Lounge, which has basically become a hot steaming mess...

And for the record, our gate was D60 and using the train it took us slight less than 15 minutes to get from the D15 club to gate D60.

Regards
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by dickinson
That's what I was thinking. D33 is close to the airside connector from D to E. Not a long walk at all to the E lounge.
My apologies, I should have stated that we only had about 20 minutes worth of lounge time before departure. AA elects to be very inconsistent with in cabin PAID dogs, unlike DL and UA, and we got the full shabang of nonsense in MIA this go around. We actually arrived at the airport 1 hour before boarding. Alas, the E lounge visit will have to wait a few weeks. Comment still stands though, D30 reno needs to happen fast: well drinks and moldy carpets are hardly #goingforgreat
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

MIA Flagship Lounge Update

At MIA Flagship Checkin today they stated the Flagship Lounge space will open as a normal lounge first so they can refurb the AC. When the AC is done, the Flagship Lounge area will become a real Flagship Lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Global321
At MIA Flagship Checkin today they stated the Flagship Lounge space will open as a normal lounge first so they can refurb the AC. When the AC is done, the Flagship Lounge area will become a real Flagship Lounge.
Going For Great ^
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Recent LAX First Class lounge visit

Whoa.....

Big difference between this week's visit and the visit six months ago.

Last Tuesday evening at 6:15pm, the food assortment resembled an AC:

1. Not one hot dish besides soup.

2. Very little protein.

3. Some selections completely empty.

4. Lots of stale bread.

Two glasses of Tattinger and out the door.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was told last month the new Flagship lounge would open in November.
Has anyone heard an update to the timeline for the Flagship lounge in H/K at ORD? Last update on this thread seems to be from May. I'm flying out on Oct 25, and was wondering if there's any chance this will be open by then... Though it does seem these lounge project timelines don't move backward... Only forward.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:06 am

Does anyone know if the construction at the AC in Terminal A at DFW is complete yet? Evey time I've been through there lately it seems like it is still under construction.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by josmul123
Has anyone heard an update to the timeline for the Flagship lounge in H/K at ORD? Last update on this thread seems to be from May. I'm flying out on Oct 25, and was wondering if there's any chance this will be open by then... Though it does seem these lounge project timelines don't move backward... Only forward.
Actually, American's has moved forward.

I posted this somewhere on FT a few weeks back. It is from the Chicago Business Journal. June 2017...

Meanwhile, American Airlines is ahead of schedule in construction of a 17,000-square-foot Flagship Lounge for its international premium cabin passengers at O'Hare. That facility could be completed and open as soon as September of this year. An AA spokeswoman said the airline did extensive "modeling" ahead of the build-out to ensure the lounge can comfortably accommodate all the ticketed premium cabin passengers expected to use the facility during peak departure times.

To my knowledge, this is the most credible timing information we have on ORD FL. (wiki updated)

Last edited by Global321; Jul 18, 2017 at 2:47 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:48 am

Anyone has information on when the MIA club renovations are scheduled to be complete?

Does Business class ticket to Brazil from MIA give you access to Flagship lounge?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tonytifao
Does Business class ticket to Brazil from MIA give you access to Flagship lounge?
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Matthew787
Does anyone know if the construction at the AC in Terminal A at DFW is complete yet? Evey time I've been through there lately it seems like it is still under construction.
Was there last night and it is definitely not complete. Still have the under construction sign up outside as well.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any word on YYZ AC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.