Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Paper Voucher at the Airport Requires Repricing?

Redeeming Paper Voucher at the Airport Requires Repricing?

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
How does one even get a paper voucher? Ive only been given e-vouchers and cant even remember the last time someone handed me a paper voucher. Maybe 12 years ago?
Voluntary or involuntary denied boarding at the gate will result in a paper voucher. It's very archaic but AA still uses these for some reason. Delta has a FAR SUPERIOR method of issuing vouchers where they send you an email and you're allowed to choose from a dozen different gift card options, including Delta gift card or American Express cash card.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Finsup72
Voluntary or involuntary denied boarding at the gate will result in a paper voucher. It's very archaic but AA still uses these for some reason. Delta has a FAR SUPERIOR method of issuing vouchers where they send you an email and you're allowed to choose from a dozen different gift card options, including Delta gift card or American Express cash card.
Im guessing the reason is that making the vouchers more difficult to use is the primary reason Aa does this. They like it when vouchers expire unused.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by donotblink

Im guessing the reason is that making the vouchers more difficult to use is the primary reason Aa does this. They like it when vouchers expire unused.
Exactly. AA is betting that paper vouchers go unused or lost. When you put a flight on hold the fare is guaranteed up to midnight of the next day. In my experience if you put a flight on hold, call AA and tell them that you want to redeem the voucher at the airport within the next few days AA will keep the hold. However, I would assume that if one redeems the voucher after the 24+ hour plus hold expires and the fare increases AA is under no obligation to honor that fare when the voucher is redeemed at the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.