Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No Award Seats for Nov 2019 in Business Class to Doha from any US Gateway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Award Seats for Nov 2019 in Business Class to Doha from any US Gateway

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
You are quoting another thread/wiki as proof ? :-)
Anyways, here is the real and correct information from the AA Website (This wording has changed recently. In the past, there was no fee associated with upgrading)
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ard-travel.jsp
Check the section: Changing Flight and Upgrade AwardsChanges that require a different award type
  • Changes to the itinerary which involve different AAdvantage awards than originally ticketed require a reinstatement of the original award ticket, payment of the applicable award reinstatement fee, and a new award ticket issued
  • The award reinstatement fee will be waived for Executive Platinum members using miles from their account
I hope this post will put to rest what is the CORRECT information with regards to upgrading an Award Ticket from Economy to Business
It's amazing how you can be both a brick wall, and convinced that you're right in the face of all the evidence.

Thousands of Aadvantage users have upgraded Y -> J and J->F awards, since whatever arbitrary point in time you think things "changed," with no redeposit fee. There is a fee when changing from a non-OW partner award to a OW partner award (and vice versa). There's a fee when moving from a Saver Award to an Anytime Award (and vice versa). The fee is waived when moving to a higher class of service with the same origin, destination, and airline.

In any event, I realize I'm not going to be able to change your mind. The only thing I can do is provide additional information so that others are not misled.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Feb 17, 2019 at 6:50 am
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
It's amazing how you can be both a brick wall, and convinced that you're right in the face of all the evidence.

Thousands of Aadvantage users have upgraded Y -> J and J->F awards, since whatever arbitrary point in time you think things "changed," with no redeposit fee. There is a fee when changing from a non-OW partner award to a OW partner award (and vice versa). There's a fee when moving from a Saver Award to an Anytime Award (and vice versa). The fee is waived when moving to a higher class of service with the same origin, destination, and airline.

In any event, I realize I'm not going to be able to change your mind. The only thing I can do is provide additional information so that others are not misled.
You are still going to be on your high horse. Nobody can bring you down unless you want to get down.
I have quoted you the terms and conditions from the AA website and have told you that this is a recent change and I know 1000s of people have done this including myself in the past, but this is not possible now unless some AA Agent decides to ignore the new Terms and Conditions.
It's unbelievable that you feel to still keep harping about the same based off some Wiki/Thread and ignore what is clearly stated on the AA website. As for this fee when changing during non-OW to OW, that has been there since time immemorial and the language mentioned above has nothing to do with OW or Non-OW. Please feel free to stay in your own dream universe, but it would be appreciated by the community if you stop spreading incorrect information.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

OK, quit already. Nothing has changed, and Beltway2A is correct. I admit the AA web page could be clearer, but there is no upgrade fee if the origin/destination are the same and it is the same airline or OW-OW.

Also, the OP should not have posted in the QR forum in the first place. FT rule is that discussions of how to use xyz miles (on any airline) go in the xyz forum, and there is already a long thread in the AAdvantage forum on booking QR.
Happy, GFrye and enpremiere like this.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 17, 2019 at 9:40 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is NO change fee when one moves to higher class of award.

For the poster who insists is one, is just ignorant.

Yes, thousands have done it and personally did this just a few months ago.

In fact to add to SeeBuyFly's post, when certain conditions are met, one can do a DROP Segment on either the O or the D, still without change fee.

I dont mind people being stubborn or ignorant - to each their own - but I do mind people keep posting incorrect information that could mislead those who dont know any better - not to mention the insistence on errors is clustering the thread.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are still going to be on your high horse. Nobody can bring you down unless you want to get down.
I have quoted you the terms and conditions from the AA website and have told you that this is a recent change and I know 1000s of people have done this including myself in the past, but this is not possible now unless some AA Agent decides to ignore the new Terms and Conditions.
It's unbelievable that you feel to still keep harping about the same based off some Wiki/Thread and ignore what is clearly stated on the AA website. As for this fee when changing during non-OW to OW, that has been there since time immemorial and the language mentioned above has nothing to do with OW or Non-OW. Please feel free to stay in your own dream universe, but it would be appreciated by the community if you stop spreading incorrect information.
You are wrong. There is no need to tell you any more because you refuse to listen to those who know the correct answer.

There is NO change fee when going from Y to J or J to F, Saaver to Anytime.
That is how things work and how agents process those types of change, regardless what you claim. Period.

In fact, the languages you cited - the different type of award primarily refers to OW to Non OW, such as to EY or AS, or vice versa.

The class of service change if it is from lower class to higher class, AA WAIVES the change fee, or put it plainly, they do NOT charge the change fee.
That should satisfy your argument on the Award Type change. Yes there is a fee but AA waives it in such situation - what difference does it make when telling you there is no change fee because AA simply does not charge it?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Wow your attitude is insane. And you're the one who is spreading false information.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Obviously the poster is full of it— on the off, off chance anyone was not certain already.
Happy and T. Sanderson like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I suspect that QR awards for USA-DOH are available for booking with QMiles, but not partner miles. Multiple OW members are going that route. You won't be able to book CX for USA-HKG for Dec 2019 either.
I can't speak to 2019, but I was able to get JFK-HKG CX F for Dec 26th, 2018 booking as soon as it opened last year.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Two things:

1. In my occasional searches, it seems like QR blocks off swathes of availability for certain regions and directions for months at a time. For example, my parents were looking to do SE Asia - US RT travel in the early summer. SE Asia - DOH - US and US - DOH had decent availability, but there was absolutely nothing in Y or J for DOH - SE Asia (looked at about a dozen airports) starting one random date in the calendar and lasting about one month.

2. On the issue of redeposit fee to move to a higher cabin on an award, yes, the terms have been on AA.com as OP quoted for a while. That said, AA does have a policy that it does not publish online that waives the redeposit fee in the unique circumstance of one wishing to upgrade cabin (i.e. pay more miles). Think of it as analogous to the upfare change fee waiver on revenue fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.