Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Farewell to BOS boarding area AA Eagle Neon (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell to BOS boarding area AA Eagle Neon (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
As an update, the neon has been reinstalled in the new gate area in Terminal B. I'm pleased to see AA maintaining this salute to its history.

lrdpenn, cmd320 and River in Sight like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 5:37 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I thought it was going to the AA museum in Dallas -- I'm glad that someone managed to keep it in Boston. It's not that easy to keep neon signs repaired either.

If this is where I think it is in the LUS gates near Legals, it will add some personality to a nice but kind of bland part of the airport.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Well, nice to see that part of AA BOS history still around. That said I haven't flown AA to BOS in probably five years or more so I'm not sure I'll be seeing it again anytime soon.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:28 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
CR Smith is my hero. I probably owe him my life.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by dickinson
As an update, the neon has been reinstalled in the new gate area in Terminal B. I'm pleased to see AA maintaining this salute to its history.
Excellent. So many of my BOS-LHR flights have started under that sign!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:19 am
VFR

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Excellent. So many of my BOS-LHR flights have started under that sign!
Despite it being pushed back twice now, AA seems pretty committed to starting BOS-LHR again. I believe I saw the '772' marking on the pavement for gate B8, so it is quite possible that a lot more BOS-LHR trips start directly under that sign.

As an aside, I have been looking at Google Maps and having a tough time figuring out where AA usually parks widebodies in the new Terminal B. It looks like B8 has a diagonal parking space for this purpose (which would require closing B10). Using the measurement tool in Maps, it seems that B8 can barely accommodate a 772 but not a 773.

It also looks like B23 has enough space, but I think that's a United gate now?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
As an aside, I have been looking at Google Maps and having a tough time figuring out where AA usually parks widebodies in the new Terminal B. It looks like B8 has a diagonal parking space for this purpose (which would require closing B10). Using the measurement tool in Maps, it seems that B8 can barely accommodate a 772 but not a 773.
I don't believe AA has ever sent the 77W to BOS have they?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:29 am
VFR

Originally Posted by cmd320
I don't believe AA has ever sent the 77W to BOS have they?
I don't believe so either.

They used to regularly send 330s up from PHL and in March they sent a 772 up from JFK.

I don't think BOS has seen a 787 either, though it might be a better fit for certain markets (*cough* Paris).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:46 am
VFR

Originally Posted by VFR
I found the answer on another website: they use B8X, which in AA parlance is the angled widebody lead-in to a gate. Looking at some pictures of the terminal though, I think the eagle is hanging over the exit near B6, not over Legals.

I also found some pictures of the landing -- it's a pretty plane to have in Boston (even though we get a lot over in Terminal E).

New question: does AA have any other widebody-capable gates?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
I found the answer on another website: they use B8X, which in AA parlance is the angled widebody lead-in to a gate. Looking at some pictures of the terminal though, I think the eagle is hanging over the exit near B6, not over Legals.

I also found some pictures of the landing -- it's a pretty plane to have in Boston (even though we get a lot over in Terminal E).

New question: does AA have any other widebody-capable gates?
At one point earlier this year the 772 was being used regularly on MIA-BOS as well.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:55 am
VFR

Originally Posted by cmd320
At one point earlier this year the 772 was being used regularly on MIA-BOS as well.
Yeah, MIA was supposed to supply the 772 that was going to fly on to London. I was unaware that any of those flights had actually flown though.
bosman and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I saw it today for my first time since it was moved. It looks good in its new space:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.