Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Award Miles offer (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
I just looked on the application and found this under promotions. Looks like it gave me no minimum spend? Have yet to fly AA this year, just used 25k points for a First class redemption on AK to SAN from MCO last night for a trip a few weeks from now.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Just to make sure I understand,

It says: " *Offer applies to all eligible flights marketed by American and operated by American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or Japan Airlines. Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible for this promotion. "

So, if I book a flight via AA that is operated by Cathay, it will be NOT be eligible. Am I correct?

Also, lets say if I book on British, but it is an AA codeshare flight, I should get the double miles, correct?

Just want to make sure I book the correct flight to maximize this. :-)

Also, would this miles bonus pile up on top of the status bonus? (i.e. Plat bonus+double? Or double+plat bonus?)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
No offer for this EXP. I have 33k EQMs for 2019, so assume they know I don't need any more incentive to fly AA.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nile_US
Just to make sure I understand,

It says: " *Offer applies to all eligible flights marketed by American and operated by American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or Japan Airlines. Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible for this promotion. "

So, if I book a flight via AA that is operated by Cathay, it will be NOT be eligible. Am I correct?

Also, lets say if I book on British, but it is an AA codeshare flight, I should get the double miles, correct?

Just want to make sure I book the correct flight to maximize this. :-)

Also, would this miles bonus pile up on top of the status bonus? (i.e. Plat bonus+double? Or double+plat bonus?)
Clearly a Cathay flight would not qualify for your promo based on the language you shared, but a BA one would. I have no idea about how the bonus miles are calculated since I don't have an promo offer and access to the specific T&Cs.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Thanks. The email T&C didn't have calcs for miles. But after logging in at AA it does say that it will be calculated based on the base miles. So I guess total miles = 2*basemiles+%elite bonus of basemiles.

Promotion code: P119D
  • This exclusive offer is only for members who receive it directly from American Airlines
  • Register by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 25, 2019, and before travel in order for your flights to count toward this promotion
  • Offer applies to eligible flights marketed by American, and operated by American, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
  • Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible for this promotion
  • Flights that don’t earn AAdvantage® miles won’t count toward this promotion
  • Travel flown before registration for this promotion isn’t eligible for the bonus-mile offer
  • Bonus miles don’t count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage® Million Miler℠ status
  • Offer applies to eligible purchased, published fares in First booked in F or A; Business booked in J, R, D or I; or Premium Economy booked in W or P on select airlines flown between the date you register and May 5, 2019
  • Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base award miles earned for the eligible flights
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
No love here either for an EXP based out of BNA. Sitting at $6601 EQD's / 38,485 EQM's so far with 4 FC Domestic tickets and 1 Biz BNA/PVG ticket booked in Jan / Feb.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:02 pm

Just wanted to offer a piece of anecdata. I signed up for a version of this before Christmas. My necessary EQD was $800, which I just passed on a flight I took this past week. I got double miles for that flight and for the previous flights I took. I thought I would only start to get double miles after I passed the EQD so this was nice to see, and if anyone is on the fence about how it applies to them.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
A Plat dropping to Gold in Feb. I received the offer with no minimum spend; just "fly 4 flights". Since I have a 4-segment BA Biz round trip to India booked for Feb, that was most welcome.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm Platinum and got the offer for $1200. I might make it with upcoming business travel but I won't be going out of my way for it. Bad timing really, since I'm looking at 2 trips to Europe in July and sadly my trip to Hong Kong in April is on CX.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
am I the only ding dong who doesn't know where to look to see if I am in? the URL from the opening post doesn't seem to be clickable for me
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
am I the only ding dong who doesn't know where to look to see if I am in? the URL from the opening post doesn't seem to be clickable for me

promotions for me either on aa.com or app.
boston aa flyer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
My, my, AA does seem to be leading the pack since the end of the year in status buy ups, status give-aways, and now mileage promos as of late - especially when compared to the other majors are offering (or more specifically are not).

Wonder why?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: American, United, Delta
To anyone who is doing the challenge requiring eight segments, is there any chance do you still have the promo code? I know I signed up for this challenge and I have a question about what counts as a segment. If I fly a connecting flight, is that two segments or one segment? (e.g.., if I fly Chicago to San Jose, switching planes in Phoenix, does that count as two segments for the promotion?) I called the Aadvantage desk for advice, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) find the promotion without the code. Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by redrock1
To anyone who is doing the challenge requiring eight segments, is there any chance do you still have the promo code? I know I signed up for this challenge and I have a question about what counts as a segment. If I fly a connecting flight, is that two segments or one segment? (e.g.., if I fly Chicago to San Jose, switching planes in Phoenix, does that count as two segments for the promotion?) I called the Aadvantage desk for advice, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) find the promotion without the code. Thanks.
each flight is a segment towards the minimum number
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by redrock1
There is this little gotcha that if A-B and B-C have the same flight number, even if you change planes, AA will count it as one segment (and you also earn as if you flew directly A-C). Other than that, yes, it would count as two segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.