Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Influencer" Contact for AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
if lucky and gary are not getting free flights..... should you get one? even if you review airlines, any serious people care?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Free flights for important people!
Important people who are famous for being famous !
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 355F1

I do not have any forms of social media.
Apart from FlyerTalk of course.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
If you find the right contact can you let me know? I've been itching to get back to this year's Fyre Festival!
Science Goy likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:53 pm

if the OP is such a a big "influencer," I would thing he or she could just do their normal thing in social media, an naturally influence AA to reach out to them, "we can't live without you", rather than the other way around.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:17 pm

How many followers

Dear OP - How many followers do you have? I can not believe that has not been asked or offered already.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
social media and it's consequences have been a DISASTER for the human race...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA
Seems if AA needed this influencer, AA would find them.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Gold; Bonvoy Gold; Wynd Diamond
Originally Posted by anyakovic
I don't know why you think it sounds evasive.
I just asked if anyone knows the right person to talk to within AAs marketing department that handles social media requests. I don't know why it sounds so weird to everyone and why everyone is so mad about my question.
It's common practice across most brands today, yet I haven't found the right contact at AA and thought maybe someone here knew. That's it.
[sigh] millennials... [/sigh]
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
That's for damn sure. I used to watch him back in the day and it was pretty cringy to see how butthurt he got about the entire AA situation. I didn't really understand his beef, it's all in the numbers. If he gets 100 of his followers to buy $300 plane tickets that $30k in potential new revenue for them, doesn't seem like it's worth dealing with him being CK.
Wow. I'm only aware of the name of that guy as some big youtuber (never watched any of his stuff) but people like that who probably make more money in a year than many in 10-20 years...and then starts complaining about getting entitlements taken away...absolutely disgusting.

Originally Posted by C46
Well...if an "influencer" needs to actively approach people/companies, he/she might not be very influencing at all?!

If AA would consider you to represent a valuable "influencer", they would come to you, wouldn't they?

The classic Hollywood-line: "Don't call us; we'll call you!"
Agreed.

If you have to beg to get it....you probably don't deserve it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by ptsailor
[sigh] millennials... [/sigh]
Don't lump me in with OP. I've got a real job and earn my miles the old fashioned way. Every generation has its pet rock lovers.
bosman likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ginmqi
If you have to beg to get it....you probably don't deserve it.
I have a friend who got free flights on BA (in F or J if no F) - and he once had some difficulty with BA which were covered by the media. Richard Branson personally called him to offer him unlimited UpperClass travel. Still slightly jealous of both deals... But both BA and Virgin are clearly set up to support such a complimentary flight model. I would imagine most airlines are.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by flying_geek
I have a friend who got free flights on BA (in F or J if no F) - and he once had some difficulty with BA which were covered by the media. Richard Branson personally called him to offer him unlimited UpperClass travel. Still slightly jealous of both deals... But both BA and Virgin are clearly set up to support such a complimentary flight model. I would imagine most airlines are.
Yes but for issues where company decides it's in their interests to make the offer and not to just respond to every tuppence ha'penny 'influencer' who demands a free flight / hotel room / year long supply of <insert product here> in return for a review without doing any research into the company they want the freebie off.

A couple of years ago VS gave a UK train spotter a free flight to Atlanta because a Virgin Train blocked his view of the Flying Scotsman. It obviously generated a lot of free and positive publicity for VS at negligible cost to them even though it wasn't their fault just an issue with train timetables!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I would like to know these "other airlines" that give discounts for influencers.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
Meanwhile, the OP probably headed for the hills and won't be back anytime soon...unfortunately allowing this thread to become a dumping ground for all sorts of posters bashing a) influencers b) social media c) millenials d) insert pet peeve here
SK, JonNYC, thunderlounge and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.