Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Proof of reservation / printout requested or needed to check in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)

Just checked in at BCN. Completely rude contract staff x2 this morning, unfortunately, the second of which yelled at my parents [even though we have the last name on the same PNR] saying we couldn't check in together ("ˇsolo parejas! / Only couples!"). The agent guarding monitoring entry to the priority lane was especially amusing:

"Sir, may I see your reservation?"
"I just need to print my boarding pass."
"Yes but I need to look at your reservation to let you in the line"
"I can't show you my reservation because your website is down." [shows mobile app screen logged out]
"You have no reservation?"
"Of course I do. That's why I'm here -- so you can check me in."
"Next time please have your reservation."
"Assuming you get your website fixed, then I absolutely will!"

I know it's contract staff, but c'mon. Probably not the way to treat international premium cabin customers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kszary
Just checked in at BCN. Completely rude contract staff x2 this morning, unfortunately, the second of which yelled at my parents [even though we have the last name on the same PNR] saying we couldn't check in together ("ˇsolo parejas! / Only couples!"). The agent guarding monitoring entry to the priority lane was especially amusing:

"Sir, may I see your reservation?"
"I just need to print my boarding pass."
"Yes but I need to look at your reservation to let you in the line"
"I can't show you my reservation because your website is down." [shows mobile app screen logged out]
"You have no reservation?"
"Of course I do. That's why I'm here -- so you can check me in."
"Next time please have your reservation."
"Assuming you get your website fixed, then I absolutely will!"

I know it's contract staff, but c'mon. Probably not the way to treat international premium cabin customers.
I had a similar experience last year at MXP with an IT problem. I found it hard to believe I was the only passenger without a paper reservation. Since then, I take a screen shot of all reservations just to avoid the scolding from the agents at overseas airports.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AA100k

I had a similar experience last year at MXP with an IT problem. I found it hard to believe I was the only passenger without a paper reservation. Since then, I take a screen shot of all reservations just to avoid the scolding from the agents at overseas airports.
Had the same experience in a couple Indian airports - they insist on seeing some kind of reservation paperwork before letting you in the check-in area. Now I make sure to print my reservation in case I have problems loading it on my phone.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcain
Had the same experience in a couple Indian airports - they insist on seeing some kind of reservation paperwork before letting you in the check-in area. Now I make sure to print my reservation in case I have problems loading it on my phone.
I've been required (by police, not any airline employee) to produce a paper reservation just to enter the public area of airports in India. There is a separate office, sometimes 100 yards distant, for ticketing, to which frazzled passengers often must scurry in order to request a printed copy of their reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.