Search

Premium Economy Fares Skyrocket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Smile

Originally Posted by schriste
Wow, have they ever:

Still might be cheaper than some of the EOY status buy ups.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by schriste
Wow, have they ever:

Ever since premium became bookable with miles, the prices charged have been outrageous (whether 3K or 21K) to Hawaii. It’s clearly and IT glitch but it has been going on for a few days now. Often only flexible fares available for premium economy. Used to be only $200-300 more than economy to Hawaii.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by airb330

Ever since premium became bookable with miles, the prices charged have been outrageous (whether 3K or 21K) to Hawaii. It’s clearly and IT glitch but it has been going on for a few days now. Often only flexible fares available for premium economy. Used to be only $200-300 more than economy to Hawaii.
I agree and it's more or less across the board.

We appear to have the worst of all worlds here - what amounts to no more than a theoretical ability to use miles at sensible rates coupled with either no revenue fare at all or the kind of crazy prices in the example given.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:22 pm

I always check aa vacations before buying PE because it often is cheaper even with the hotel. I recently booked LAX-TYO. Main cabin was about $800 and PE was $1200 on AA.com but I was able to get it for $1100 on aa vacations.

As others have noted though, not flying out of the gateway can tack on hundreds because of the Y pricing on the domestic legs. Cheaper to buy a separate ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.