Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Welcome Spiel by FA on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
You'd notice it if you were watching IFE. You notice ALL the announcements when you're watching IFE.
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
They had it on my short CLT-GSO hop last week. FA did however set the PA feature to broadcast the Good News only to the unwashed masses in Coach. Mighty kind of her.
That probable explains it. I had no 2018 flights with IFE, and they were mostly first or Eagle. I'll have to keep my ears open in 2019.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
You'd notice it if you were watching IFE. You notice ALL the announcements when you're watching IFE.
Stop trying to convince people that pulling out IFE screens with Project Oasis is a good thing
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I honestly thought the credit card speech was mainline only. Can't say I ever recall hearing it on Republic (and maybe not on any Eagle carrier) -- yet another reason why Republic E75s are better than mainline...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by bdw1120

Sadly it’s becoming a trend.
By far the LUS flight attendants are the worst with using their phones in front of passengers. They particularly like to sit their personal phone on top of the screen of their blue AA device as if that somehow hides their behavior. It just comes across as lazy in a job they have a lot of opportunity to really influence customer opinions by simply looking forward instead of down and interacting with people instead of mindless games or texting. I haven't noticed it to the same extent on either of the other US3 or Southwest.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I disagree. Seeing Tara give the safety speech is usually the highlight of any AA flight I take.
I've never seen the new safety video on AA yet, I'm stuck riding on AA Super 80's, LUS A320 family aircraft, E190's, and RJ's.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I honestly thought the credit card speech was mainline only. Can't say I ever recall hearing it on Republic (and maybe not on any Eagle carrier) -- yet another reason why Republic E75s are better than mainline...
Agreed, I don’t recall it on my regionals, but always get it mainline.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by donotblink
The multi million dollar question is did she make the credit card pitch?
on a recent flight, we got the extended-mix credit card sales pitch (in addition to the IFE ones that play when you start up the system and play again before each program), but after landing while taxiing, the credit card saleswoman at the front of the plane gave the sales pitch over again "for those who may have been sleeping or in the lavatory", reminding us that's she'd have applications available as we deplane. As I walked past her and she tried to hand me an application, I said "it's enough with that already".
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fotographer
AA has a credit card pitch..... who knew?
and can AA please change the safety video.. its getting on my nerves (seems so fake if you know what I mean)
AF has the best safety video. I genuinely enjoy watching it.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres, Global Entry
Notice the safety video had the clapping and cheering culled at the end of it. From an AA insider, some people complained about that .. Can you believe that ! PS. I like Tara too. Try watching the British Airways safety video, its awful, confusing and misleading.
Love AA's video !
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I thought you weren't supposed to jump onto the slide with high heels.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by IrishBoy
Notice the safety video had the clapping and cheering culled at the end of it. From an AA insider, some people complained about that .. Can you believe that ! PS. I like Tara too. Try watching the British Airways safety video, its awful, confusing and misleading.
Love AA's video !
“Because GREAT is what we’re going for!”

Riiiiiiiiiight :/
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I thought you weren't supposed to jump onto the slide with high heels.
Not to derail the conversation too much, but people on this forum did a frame-by-frame analysis of the video, and she definitely took the heels off to jump down the slide.

Seriously, go check it out. She's not wearing heels in that scene.

Also, I like both the AA video and the BA videos. I laugh at the BA video every time.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DCP2016
I've never seen the new safety video on AA yet, I'm stuck riding on AA Super 80's, LUS A320 family aircraft, E190's, and RJ's.
Consider yourself very very lucky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.