Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Lost A Customer For Life (AA didn’t renew my CK)

AA Lost A Customer For Life (AA didn’t renew my CK)

Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Exhausted6millionmiler
Great point re WN and Wall Street.

As for engaging Doug Parker and his so-called loyalty “manager” , if they cared about customers and their loyalty they would have a real loyalty program with a real million miler program versus precipitating their own demise overfocusing on short term $ at expense of long term customers who now give their additional substantial travel to carriers who show respect for their customers. This means if your a hub hostage in chicago New York or calif and plan a future with lots of travel AA is wasting your time. I hope others learn from my mistakes after flying over 3mm in their anemic program.
who is this elusive us3 carrier? I'm sure we would all flock to them if there was one that truly showed respect for their customers that the OP feels like he didn't get. The reality is the US3 are pretty interchangeable. the game has changed.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As for engaging Doug Parker and his so-called loyalty “manager” , if they cared about customers and their loyalty they would have a real loyalty program with a real million miler program versus precipitating their own demise overfocusing on short term $ at expense of long term customers who now give their additional substantial travel to carriers who show respect for their customers. This means if your a hub hostage in chicago New York or calif and plan a future with lots of travel AA is wasting your time. I hope others learn from my mistakes after flying over 3mm in their anemic program.
In the time travelling with the airlines, have any not ptrovided benefits that which they said that they would ? Have any refused to provide benefits that they said that they would if qualifying requirements were met?

If travelling on a journey where AA has non stop services but other airlines require connections, not sure that any time is being wasted by flying AA

Set expectations to be to that which the company says that it will provide and not expect special treatment beyond that and unlikely to be upset
gary_nj likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

After looking at the leaked but presumably accurate camera shots listing UA's top customers xSFO with Apple at $150 Million, you might well ask yourself where you would put your individualized marketing dollars. If Apple's booking interface is having problems, you can bet that someone at UA hops on it.

Haven't seen AA's data leaked, but you can bet that AA and DL have customers in that range too.

That doesn't make OP or anyone else not a valued customer, but before predicting AA's demise over not reupping OP's CK, I would think a bit bigger picture.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
who is this elusive us3 carrier? I'm sure we would all flock to them if there was one that truly showed respect for their customers that the OP feels like he didn't get. The reality is the US3 are pretty interchangeable. the game has changed.
Indeed, particularly for the Y pax. I suspect that the US3 will continue to either take away or charge for what was included in the fare. Loyalty for the US3 has come down to how much are you spending now. The flyer that flys once a week but is required to buy cheap tickets will be treated very, very differently than the flyer flying once a week in paid International J.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Is there a way to stop seeing certain topics/threads, like this one, on FT? Kind of like muting someone on Facebook or IG.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Indeed, particularly for the Y pax. I suspect that the US3 will continue to either take away or charge for what was included in the fare. Loyalty for the US3 has come down to how much are you spending now. The flyer that flys once a week but is required to buy cheap tickets will be treated very, very differently than the flyer flying once a week in paid International J.
The thinking seems to be along those lines the elite booking into a deep discount economy fair bucket would easily be replaced by the random Kayker who is just looking for that lowest fare when available. That inventory gets sold anyways without all of the elite benefits.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAfreqflyer
3MM with UA actual miles
Wow - really surprises me. You flew AA enough for CK over the past 11 years - but did not at least fly UA enough to bump your UA status from LT 1K to LT GS. Eventually when you retire and your flying deceases significantly you will be LT AA Plat and LT UA 1K (instead of LT UA GS).

I assume you have 2MM on AA for LT Plat. But I hope you are able to get LT UA GS. LT UA GS is a real gem. UA could someday eliminate that for future flyers.

I could see if you were DFW based, but being LAX based, UA used to have more flight options that AA. But I guess AA does now.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The airlines have no loyalty to you - the airlines want you to be loyal to them

Seems rather a given that the company would want to treat someone frequently buying high margin fares differently than someone buying the lowest margin fares

Maybe at some point AA ( and other US carriers ) may look at a scheme like SQ's PPS , which provides benefits to customers based on their travel in 1st and business class , with economy class counting for nothing

What matters is what you are doing now, not what you might have done some time in the past - if someone starts spending a lot now then they will be recognised - should the airline not up the offering to this passenger since in previous years, that passenger was not spending much?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Is there a way to stop seeing certain topics/threads, like this one, on FT? Kind of like muting someone on Facebook or IG.
Easy. Just scroll past threads in which you aren't interested.
jordyn, writerguyfl, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
You can select ignore for members you choose not to see posts from. There is no way to select threads or topics you wish to ignore, other than seeing the topic title and refraining from clicking / pressing on it and scrolling by.

ijgordon and GFrye like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA
Profit maximization for shareholder is more important than customer loyalty.

I do remember in the early 90s a lawyer throwing a tantrum because AA would not extend his status — less out of town work travel— but this guy would rant if supplies did not have his favorite pens, or lunch delivery was 2 minutes late.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by arttravel

I do remember in the early 90s a lawyer throwing a tantrum because AA would not extend his status — less out of town work travel— but this guy would rant if supplies did not have his favorite pens, or lunch delivery was 2 minutes late.
Hey, I'm a lawyer and I resemble that remark.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by catcher1
Hey, I'm a lawyer and I resemble that remark.
Hysterical. Bill is that you, nah, Bill had zero sense of humor.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by arttravel
That tends to be current US law (fiduciary duty to shareholders). However, customer loyalty can be useful for maximizing profit. The two concepts are not opposed.
TravelLawyer and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by richarddd
That tends to be current US law (fiduciary duty to shareholders). However, customer loyalty can be useful for maximizing profit. The two concepts are not opposed.
Unless you're the CEO of AA who seems to think they are.
richarddd and Gringa like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.